Page 1 of 24 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Crysis 2

1. Crysis 2

No thread for this? Really? Anyway the Beta leaked all over the internet and the screen shots are impressive.

Click for full size

2. It's a beta and that's not my screen shot.

I can't even get any levels to work, bummer. Sounds like most people can't.

3. I edited a cfg file and now it runs, but it DEVOURS resources.

Looks fucking insane though.

4. A shame what happened. I saw some pic of a config shot and the beta is using medium level assets using a DX9 renderer. Not sure if thats accurate but if true we'll be in for a visual treat when the proper game comes out.

Any deals on the game yet via retail? (pc version that is) I suppose it'll be on steam but knowing EA it'll be 60 bucks like their recent stuff. Fack that.

5. EA apparently wants me to forgo all of their recent games with their horrible pricing, DLC, DRM and anti-Steam garbage. I'm happy to oblige.

It'll probably be on Steam a month after release. I'd really like to know why EA specifically delays that release but puts it out on other services on day one. Not that it matters much to me since I prefer buying games on Impulse anyway, but it's still odd.

7. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    EA apparently wants me to forgo all of their recent games with their horrible pricing, DLC, DRM and anti-Steam garbage. I'm happy to oblige.
    I recently bought Crysis and the Warhead expansion on PC. They're not bad. Sure, I know there's SecuROM in these two but I found a way to deal with that. I didn't buy them sooner because of the DRM.

As for Crysis 2 I've got the PS3 version preordered (don't know if the 360 version plays on Japanese units). PC version? Maybe later, if EA or someone decides to patch out the DRM. Who knows what DRM EA has planned for this- my guess would be the latest version of SecuROM 7. Hopefully PC game DRM will meet its end like that Sony rootkit on music CDs.

The PS3/360 versions will surely not be as good as the PC on the Very High settings, but OTOH I can see them looking a bit above Medium. This screen shot doesn't look too bad itself.

Somebody took apart the 360 multiplayer beta and it turns out that it's running at mostly medium settings, with a couple of ram-dependent settings set to low and some gpu-intensive settings set to high.

EA did eventually patch out Crysis Warhead's DRM, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    EA apparently wants me to forgo all of their recent games with their horrible pricing, DLC, DRM and anti-Steam garbage. I'm happy to oblige.
    Agreed. I'd pay $50 day one, but as soon as they demonstrate that they don't want my $50 day one, it becomes $30-35 tops down the line a la Hot Pursuit.