Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X-Men...the Anime?

1. CRY FOR THE MOOOOOON!

LMAO! I would've been hyped as shit watching that intro as a kid. The Cap'n Crunch would be sprayed all over the walls, and I think I would've shredded my couch cushions like a wild dog and karate chopped my coffee table into a million pieces.

2. This looks much better than the recent Iron Man and Wolverine anime, design-wise.

Iron Man had an awesome little proof-of concept before it aired where there was this elaborate hand-animated action scenes going on with the suit that looked nuts, but then they cheaped out for the actual show and used shit-ass CGI for the suit instead. And Tony's design out of the suit made him look like an airheaded hairdresser or something, just ridiculous.

Wolverine has a similar affliction, he's now a tall bishonen with a mullet. The show seemed better than IM otherwise, but that may just be me never really giving much of a fuck for I-rons Man comix anyway.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 20 Feb 2011 at 10:36 PM.

3. I've got no faith in it after the other two shows. Spike Spiegel Logan was absolutely horrifying.

4. First ep's out, and it's off to a good start. Way, way better than the IM or Wolvie shows, it seems like they were hoarding all their money for this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proto Man View Post
    The trailer looks to be pretty much all title sequence footage. In anime, the title sequence is always going to be awesome and also rarely reflects the real show at all.
    Turns out none of that footage is from the OP. The actual show really looks like that.

5. At first I was all, "Oh man, this looks like Madhouse before they lost their budget and then changed their style into something more standard and shitty!" and then I saw them in the credits and the 15 year old version of me that loved how Ninja Scroll looked was pleased once again. I'm digging most of the designs, although Storm (as usual) just looks like a tanned white woman, and I think Beast's face looks more like Disney's Beauty and the Beast instead of the version he was modeled after. Scott looks good and Wolvie's got some yakuza accent going on, which is appropriate but wacky.

I'm in for more of this.

6. I don't have cable so no animax... where can I get this?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Nautical bays have it in stock. Quality wasn't the greatest, but it worked.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I don't have cable so no animax... where can I get this?
    Honestly dude, don't bother. This show's pretty bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.