Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Skullgirls (2D Tag-em-outs Girly Type Fighter)

1. Straight to the bargain bin IMO.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

2. It's for XBLA/PSN. It starts in the bargain bin.

Also it was confirmed this will use GGPO.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 04 Mar 2011 at 05:04 PM.

3. No Marvel characters?

4. Needs more Skullomania.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I like it! Looks like something lively out of somebody's sketchbook
    I was about to say this.

It reminds me of the kind of stuff "the" good artist chubby girl would draw in her notebook with markers. You know the girl, she was either skinny and wouldn't date any guys in her league, or fat and wanted to date all of her friends. And had a weird obsession with TNBC. not projecting, I swear

having said that, I still like it. I like art that mixes styles and mixes dark and cute images.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    It's also got that westernized anime thing going that is very passe right now.
    maybe you just like dicks and don't know what you're talking about? Xenophobe.

7. I like it all right, it's pretty creative. I find it a lot more likable than, say, Scott Pilgrim art, so I'm surprised some here are so down on it. Certainly appreciate the attention-to-detail breast wobble at the end of every move.

Animation is inconsistent, some moves look great, others have the BlazBlue'esque choppiness. Worse is how floaty it all seems. Attacks don't really seem to have any weight, giving or receiving, and the sprites just seem to be moving along paths rather than being propelled by their animated movement.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I kind of hate the art style =/
    You're crazy. The sprites are great.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Needs more Skullomania.
    Needs more rival schools.

10. I played this at PAX. Not very impressed. (They only had 2 playable characters though)