Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: "Are Whites Racially Opressed?" a.k.a. "How Hard Can CNN Troll?"

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    For the record, I consider myself just Canadian.
    I'll bet there's therapy for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Being white is still a major advantage in this country.
    Examples please. And I want causes, not results. In other words, don't quote the percentage of black inmates, because that's an outcome not a root cause.

3. Gather the amount of black CEOs. I know this number, but I want you to research it. Let me know what you think.

You'll think it's fine. Being white is alright.

4. I think he was asking for a cause not a result.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Examples please. And I want causes, not results. In other words, don't quote the percentage of black inmates, because that's an outcome not a root cause.
    The cause is just the positive images of white people against negative images of minorities that conditions us all to associate these things, and the result is just a more favorable intuitive impression of a white person upon meeting them than a non-white. I don't know how to make it much simpler for you than that, but it makes it easier for whites to get a job, get a particular girl, get promoted, hell get a lighter sentence from a judge...

You're a professional. If you grew your hair long, and went to a job interview, do you think it would help you? Why or why not? No one believes your hair has anything to do with your qualifications. It's like that, people just develop associations that color their impressions of people, and these biases skew overwhelmingly in favor of whites.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 07 Mar 2011 at 09:36 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I think he was asking for a cause not a result.
    This is easier. For how long have blacks been portrayed as inferior to whites? Even in this country it's only been abolished recently. In Europe they call black people "niggers" if they speak English. Even when some of you guys harp on me for being Latin-American, it causes a negative connotation with the culture. Even if you think it's light-hearted most of you really do spill out some inklings of your true feelings when you do it.

7. To be fair, Yoshi wasn't looking for a cause instead of a result. He was looking for a bludgeon to hit us with his crude worldview.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    The cause is just the positive images of white people against negative images of minorities that conditions us all to associate these things, and the result is just a more favorable intuitive impression of a white person upon meeting them than a non-white. I don't know how to make it much simpler for you than that, but it makes it easier for whites to get a job, get a particular girl, get promoted, hell get a lighter sentence from a judge...

You're a professional. If you grew your hair long, and went to a job interview, do you think it would help you? Why or why not? No one believes your hair has anything to do with your qualifications. It's like that, people just develop associations that color their impressions of people, and these biases skew overwhelmingly in favor of whites.
    True. But meeting two equally qualified employees with non-regional dialects in a professional setting, one Anglo, one not, one looks at the non-Anglo with a higher opinion because the perceived notion he had to work harder to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    This is easier. For how long have blacks been portrayed as inferior to whites? Even in this country it's only been abolished recently. In Europe they call black people "niggers" if they speak English. Even when some of you guys harp on me for being Latin-American, it causes a negative connotation with the culture. Even if you think it's light-hearted most of you really do spill out some inklings of your true feelings when you do it.
    I think it's because it's the only thing that get through your thick skin. You don't care about animals, women, or individuals, but at least you take pride in your people.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. It has nothing to do with pride. It has to do with watching whites pass right by you even though they don't do shit to earn it. Simply being white already gives off a positive impression. I'm dealing with this at work now.