Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: "Are Whites Racially Opressed?" a.k.a. "How Hard Can CNN Troll?"

1. Stop working with racists.

Also no one should be taking this article seriously. It's just an attempt to compete with The Onion.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Also why are you Latin-American or Hispanic and not Meso-American or mestizo or Native-American or something? By taking sides with the European part of your ancestry, your passively accepting we won.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Stop being stupid.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    Are Whites Racially Opressed?
    No.

5. How could increased competition be bad?

Canada has a lot of ethnic minorities that are openly welcomed. Sometimes I do wonder if these sub-cultures identify themselves more with culture of origin than being Canadian. This actually came up during the Beijing games when a lot of Chinese-Canadians identified themselves as Chinese. "Finally China is going to show the world what we're capable of!" is what the consensus amongst our Chinese colleagues. I noted that they weren't Chinese they were Canadian and everyone reluctantly agreed. Probably just pride in culture more than anything so I didn't read too mcuh in to it. Initially the sentiment was marginalized, though. But what does it matter to me? They can do what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Stop working with racists.
    Every Fortune 500 company I've worked with has been almost 100% white in the executive offices. Same with banks.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 07 Mar 2011 at 10:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    True. But meeting two equally qualified employees with non-regional dialects in a professional setting, one Anglo, one not, one looks at the non-Anglo with a higher opinion because the perceived notion he had to work harder to get there.
    Yeah, like I said in my initial reply to MarkRyan, these things exist, but they work out in favor of whites overwhelmingly on average.

I've definitely had a lot of people assume I had much better opportunities or have/come from a much better economic situation than I do because of my race and the way I talk. And yet I still generally find it advantageous to present myself in a way that doesn't make the fact that I grew up poor in the inner city obvious because I find the negative assumptions would outweigh the "he must have worked harder" positive ones.

For the record, I'm definitely not playing a victim card on the growing up poor thing. Like I said, I think I had ample opportunities, just talking about perceptions.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Stop being stupid.
    Fuck you! You mixed bastards (and many of you aren't even that mixed) outnumber the official natives by 30 to 1 yet you can't even identify with that in your own moniker.

Although, honestly we probably treat you better hearing you say 'Hey, we white!' anytime you refer to yourselves than if you were like running in beating your chests calling yourselves the Cuachicqueh or something.

8. I don't even know what the fuck you're talking about. It stopped being fun to me, though, because I actually deal with this shit. Whites think it doesn't exist but it sure as fuck does all the way from birth.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'll bet there's therapy for that.
    It's called a 2-4 of Labatt Blue.

Well played.