Page 1 of 24 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: "Are Whites Racially Opressed?" a.k.a. "How Hard Can CNN Troll?"

1. "Are Whites Racially Opressed?" a.k.a. "How Hard Can CNN Troll?"

There's no way this is serious.

Whenever I read articles like this, or hear views like this expressed, it makes me wonder how people can be so historically ignorant. It's as though media, organizations and scholarships benefiting minorities came into existence in a vacuum. As though everyone was perfectly equal in the past, and then one day BET came to be, forever ruining our racial harmony.

This also comes after the German Chancellor declared multiculturalism a failure. Though... that's a different story altogether.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 06 Mar 2011 at 09:16 PM.

2. finally we get to play the race card

3. Biases certainly exist against whites, typically aimed at white males, but it's not new and it's not special to white folks--all groups have haters. Grow some balls and stop identifying yourself by the color of your skin.

That goes for you too, CNN.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    Grow some balls and stop identifying yourself by the color of your skin.
    Definitely this.

All I read in the first post is "Waaaaah, they're glomming onto my precious victim status!"

5. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    Biases certainly exist against whites, typically aimed at white males, but it's not new and it's not special to white folks--all groups have haters.
    Biases exist against whites, yes, but they are not by any definition "oppressed." What bothers me about the article is the patent lunacy of this line of thinking. It's laughable that anyone could honestly believe this is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    I do actually agree with this. However, I am constantly reminded (subtlety and otherwise) of the colour of my skin, the implication being that it is different than what is considered "normal," and I'm sure many others feel the same way. Sometimes it's hard not to identify yourself like that.

For the record, I consider myself just Canadian.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 07 Mar 2011 at 10:16 AM.

Everyone is so sorry that nowadays white males have to compete on a level playing field with the women that their ancestors oppressed and the minorities that they enslaved. You know, back in the good old days.

7. You wouldn't have to deal with this shit if you'd just stop existing and let our eugenics do its work.

8. That article was poor in execution and subject!
    Boo, Hiss.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    Biases certainly exist against whites, typically aimed at white males, but it's not new and it's not special to white folks--all groups have haters.
    May be true, but they're outweighed by the biases in our favor, so it seems entitled and/or naive to complain about it.

Being white is still a major advantage in this country.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    The way we choose to identify ourselves is based largely on how we are identified by others. I know this was meant as an oversimplification, but it borders on an impossibility in this country. You'd need everyone to change.

One person has to change before everyone can.