Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Go Advanced" Button not Working for Edits

You know what is sadder and dumber than my typos and misspellings?

you two trying to be funny about it

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    plastic rap
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	littlejr1_1.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	60792  

4. I think I've isolated the problem. It's working for me in the 4.1 and Classic skins, but I'm on a netbook at lunch, so I'll look at it more when I get home. I also have to add the OnLive icon and profile field.

"Go Advanced" might be a good slogan for TNL, but I'm calling "Always Play on Expert." "Play Life on Expert" is a little too outdoorsy or something.

Add a 3DS field while you're in there!

6. Classic is good. Doesn't work for me in 4.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    "Go Advanced" might be a good slogan for TNL, but I'm calling "Always Play on Expert."
    Unless you're playing a Thief title, it's usually a bad idea to play on Expert. Games are generally balanced for the default difficulty because developers know that's all 95% of their audience is going to see. Torturing yourself with an unbalanced, irritating difficulty mode isn't something an "advanced" player would do. It is something rampant fronters would do, or at least claim to.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that's the perfect tagline for TNL.

Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Unless you're playing a Thief title, it's usually a bad idea to play on Expert. Games are generally balanced for the default difficulty because developers know that's all 95% of their audience is going to see. Torturing yourself with an unbalanced, irritating difficulty mode isn't something an "advanced" player would do. It is something rampant fronters would do, or at least claim to.
    Pussy. And there is no claiming. Achievements and Trophies can be verified.

8. To wit.

9. Compass gets it, even if he was being sarcastic. I like that it lets you know the site is about games without using any form of the term "game." And I like that it reflects a kind of artificial and "unnecessary" difficulty. God knows we specialize in making things more challenging than they need to be, in both good and bad ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    God knows we specialize in making things more challenging than they need to be, in both good and bad ways.
    Amen to that.