Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Melty Beads

  1. #1

    Melty Beads

    Any of you guys ever do anything with melty beads? Walmart had a huge pack of them like 75% off, so I got some to make some 8 bit art.


    Click for full size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8bitart.jpg 
Views:	18124 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	60737  

  2. I've made coasters and boxes, but all of my friends matrices are the honeycomb style ones not the square grid type you need to make pixel graphics.
    I did buy a Sonic bead sprite from a kid that had a table at a computer show. I felt bad for him. Nobody was buying his shit.

  3. I've always wanted to try them, but never have. I'd go check Wal-mart, but there actually isn't one near me. Did it seem like a price on them that would only be for that local store (like a random clearance section or something), or a sale that might be wider spread?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I did buy a Sonic bead sprite from a kid that had a table at a computer show. I felt bad for him. Nobody was buying his shit.
    Pretty damn cute.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    I've always wanted to try them, but never have. I'd go check Wal-mart, but there actually isn't one near me. Did it seem like a price on them that would only be for that local store (like a random clearance section or something), or a sale that might be wider spread?
    probably just local. They run a pretty big mark down isle compared to other walmarts.

    But maybe. Are melty beads considered seasonal? They had all the toystory melty beads marked down from 13.00 to 3.30.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I've made coasters and boxes, but all of my friends matrices are the honeycomb style ones not the square grid type you need to make pixel graphics.
    I did buy a Sonic bead sprite from a kid that had a table at a computer show. I felt bad for him. Nobody was buying his shit.
    I need a huge grid. I want to do crazy shit like snes chun li.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I've made coasters and boxes, but all of my friends matrices are the honeycomb style ones not the square grid type you need to make pixel graphics.
    I did buy a Sonic bead sprite from a kid that had a table at a computer show. I felt bad for him. Nobody was buying his shit.
    I need a huge grid. I want to do crazy shit like snes chun li.

  8. #8
    here is some stuff other people have done



    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original_129444396681151139_129444396680838631_IMG_20110311_200536.jpg 
Views:	2473 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	60739   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original_129436917714779381_129436917714779381_Metroid.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	60740   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	129438400302487789_pb.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	60741   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original_129440883890145343_129440883890145343_Hello Kitty ballerina resultaat.JPG 
Views:	4246 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	60742  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original_129442886319425479_129442886319425479_IMG_20110309_231024.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	60743   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original_129443692288246157_129443692288246157_Bead_Sprites.JPG 
Views:	189 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	60744  

  9. omg hello kitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    No one uses sigs.

  10. I use to do the melty bead stuff, I probably just made flowers or something.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Games.com logo