Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eschatos (360) - New Shmup

1. Xbox 360 I Eschatos (360) - New Shmup

Eschatos Homepage

Eschatos is a new vertical scroller for 360 coming from Qute, the publisher of M-KAI's Judgement Silversword on Wonderswan. The anticipated release date is "Winter", and it's expected as a retail release (not XBLA).

I wish there were a little more in this trailer, but I'm definitely watching this one.

2. Shmups that aren't on xbla can generally fuck right off. Deathsmiles was my exception, and I think you can get Mushihime Futawhosit from Play-Asia region free for $38.

That being said, it looks neat and the music was kickin'.
    Last edited by Chux; 14 Nov 2010 at 07:30 PM.

You can fuck right off. That post sounds like everything that is wrong with this industry.

4. I can deal with a retail shmup release, but this looks pretty uninspired.

5. This game looks boring.

Also I am significantly over vertical shooters that use 1/3 of your screen; if you insist on being vertical TATE support or GTFO.

6. If it's console-native, a shooter really should use a lot more screen real estate than a tiny box. It's not like the developer doesn't know what kind of hardware they're developing for.

James

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    You can fuck right off. That post sounds like everything that is wrong with this industry.
    I got DS day one, I got Guwange for $10 and three types of modes for it. This uninspired game can choke on my balls for $60.

Raiden IV already exists, so we don't need another mid-90s throwback. Especially one that appears to use a tilted perspective in places. The only positive note I see is a JSS-style shield system at 0:12.

I might be very slightly interested if this was an XBLA game, but there are a dozen retail shmups I'd rather buy before I ever consider this one.

9. More Border Down style BGM is always a good thing. While most likely not by Yack, it's similar enough.

For $60, I think I'll go for it and risk taking one for the team. It's nice to see a few non-arcade-port shooters get into the mix. Tate is always welcome (and I guess it may be in there), but a 42" flat panel display is slightly big to rotate. A 32" set would be no problem OTOH.

10. I've never heard original music in a videogames and thought, "I need to hear that again!"

Utterly forgettable even at the best of times.

Now were talking about the music in a shooter!
    Boo, Hiss.