Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Spring 2011)

dawsoncrying.jpg

2. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I can!
    Apparently not, since ARBM said that because your comment made no sense whatsoever towards the post you quoted.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Heh, I'd be tempted to also start playing it.

let's diffusionx: Darksiders?
    I popped it in today but then I realized since I will be out of town all of next week there's no point in starting a new game now. I'll probably play some DLC for various games until then.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Apparently not, since ARBM said that because your comment made no sense whatsoever towards the post you quoted.
    Really? You can't follow how Compass ripped on Yoshi for making these threads saying that they validate himself then I quoted it and ripped on him more?

That is difficult for you guys?

5. Since you phrased it with a sarcastic "Gotcha," so as to indicate dissent with the poster, no, I didn't follow that. Perhaps next time you should make a post of agreeing if that's what you're doing, or pick a quote that you're actually contesting.

Aion - I was bored and wanted to give this a little whirl again when I found out about weaving, which is a method of timing special attacks to animation cancel normal attacks in order to boost damage. Only works for melee classes, but it's actually an interesting playstyle that takes more skill than normal. Shame it's almost entirely useless in PVP and that's pretty much Aion's main endgame focus. I'll probably get bored of this again in like a week.

I've been playing Zelda: Spirit Tracks on the DS, mostly because I finished up Dragon Quest V but didn't want to start another 30+ hour RPG since the 3DS comes out next week. I figure a Zelda game might be 10-15 hours tops.

I can't say I'm that impressed with the game. It is fun, but the touchscreen controls make it quite frustrating in parts, and ridiculously easy in other parts. Driving the train was fun at first, but now it seems all I do is drive the train around everywhere. I'll probably enjoy the game more when I find the inevitable train warps.

Also, I really hate this Zelda. It makes me long for the sleeping silent Zelda 2 princess (who actually puts out!)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

7. Spirit Tracks is awful. I don't know what Nintendo was thinking, especially after Phantom Hourglass which was really good. Worst Zelda game I've played for sure.

8. Chatty Zelda was one of the few things about Spirit Tracks I enjoyed. Lots of sharp, punchy dialogue in that one.

9. Vectorman (Gen): One of the better platform shooters to appear on the Sega-16 bit. There's some Turrican style exploration, and you start the game with the ability to double jump. You can shoot downward in midair to slow your fall, which is useful when trying to get into some secret areas.

The 10x multiplier item is good for more than points- it can even turn a 1-up into a 10-up.

Screen shots don't do this game justice- to play it is to believe it. There are certain effects that wouldn't have been thought possible on the Sega 16-bit until Vectorman's release. Flags blow in the wind, there are some "god-rays" in the underwater level, and the wave effect on the water is amazing. The prerendered graphics are a serious rival to DKC's visuals on SNES.

There was going to be a Vectorman 3 on PS2, but maybe it's better we didn't get that one- while Blue Sky had been in charge, it was actually more of a 3rd person shooter that lost the art style of the 16-bit series.

I remember Vectorman blowing me away with its graphics and then surprising the hell out of me by actually being fun.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.