Page 1 of 32 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Spring 2011)

What Are You Playing? (Spring 2011)

The seasons continue to fly by, but my progress in some games doesn't.

360: Muchi Muchi Pork / Pink Sweets - I'm mainly going to focus on MMP, as Pink Sweets is pretty clearly out of my league for serious play.
    PC: The Witcher - The first of too many RPGs I am trying to juggle. I really want this one done before the sequel, as that looks fantastic.
    PS2: Final Fantasy XII - I need to get back to this. I'm in the desert tomb about 10 hours in if I remember right.
    PS3: MLB '11 - Sports is one of the few genres that can easily justify a $60 price tag (despite the fact that this is a review copy). I'll be chipping away at this until MLB '12.
    PSP: Tactics Ogre - I'm on Chapter II, but I have a bad feeling my lack of class changes may bite me in the ass later.

Wii/DS: These have essentially become my daughter's, destined to appropriately play Dora, Diego, and Elmo. She really likes Sonic Rush though.

2. Homefront - It's pretty average to be honest and it runs like crap considering how often they cheap out on textures, then again my standards are pretty high in terms of GPU usage and results, but really this thing takes up as much as the Crysis 2 beta and it's world below it in visuals. Game play wise it's pretty bland as well, I especially don't like how you are always waiting on other people to get the fuck out of your way so you can go through a door, down some stairs or fight some guys. That being said, for some reason it's really compelling and I would still recommend people at least try it.

Burnout Paradise - I will just never fucking finish this game at the pace I'm going, I do like one or two races max and then shut it off again. Whatever, it scratches the itch when I have it.

Farcry- Never played it so I figured I'd fuck with it before Crysis 2 just so I have a better grasp on the way Crytek has evolved their games. I really like the bullet damage set up, it's nice to play a game where people die when they should, I wonder what happened between this and Crysis that made them decide people should be made of jelly?

Unreal Tournament 2004
    - I don't know dude, it's fun.

3. We needed another thread for this topic?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    We needed another thread for this topic?
    What Are You Playing? (Spring 2011)

5. Halo Reach - got the Defiant map pack for free so popped this in. Fun like Halo is but armor lock is so dumb. defiant is hella lazy too.

Bad Company 2 - got to warrant officer so most achievements are done. Have not played Vietnam as much as I would like.

I just finished Bioshock 2 so now it's time for random single player game on my pile of shame. Dragon Age or Darksiders I reckon.

6. I get that Geo. Let's make every thread seasonal.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Darksiders I reckon.
    If you do this one tell me, I'll play it too.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    We needed another thread for this topic?
    It gives Yoshi a much-needed sense of purpose to have a bunch of threads on the first page with his name on them.

No joke. That's all it is.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Darksiders
    I really enjoyed it, the game was fun to play through and kept me interested, which I can't say for a lot of titles. Dragon Age on the other hand, any time I sit down to play it I get through about 20 minutes of reading and 5 minutes of running around and 2 minutes of doing something and turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    It gives Yoshi a much-needed sense of purpose to have a bunch of threads on the first page with his name on them.
    That makes a lot more sense to me then what I imagine the real reason to be.

10. Darksiders is super sub-par.
    Boo, Hiss.