Page 1 of 79 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011 MLB Regular Season Thread

1. Official 2011 MLB Regular Season Thread

Happy Opening Day!

Yanks vs Tigers and Braves vs Natinals will start things off at 1pm. The weather here in the Bronx sucks but I think they'll get the game in.
    Last edited by raystorm; 31 Mar 2011 at 12:32 PM.

2. Shit, I gotta run and then come back. SO STOKED!

Predictions anyone?

3. AL East: Boston Red Sox
    AL Central: Chicago White Sox
    AL West: Texas Rangers
    AL Wild Card: New York Yankees

NL East: Atlanta Braves
    NL Central: Milwaukee Brewers
    NL West: Colorado Rockies
    NL Wild Card: San Francisco Giants

No Phillies, despite their incredible four aces, because they've ignored the bullpen too long and their offense has no batter to fear other than Ryan Howard.

4. AL East: Red Sox
    AL Central: Tigers
    AL West: Rangers
    AL Wild Card: Yankees

I hope I'm wrong about the AL East

NL East: Phillies
    NL Central: Brew Crew
    NL West: ???
    NL Wild Card: Braves
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 31 Mar 2011 at 02:15 PM.

5. You're crazy. The Phillies had the second best offense in the NL last year when just about everybody was hurt outside of Jayson Werth. The bullpen may not be very impressive, but it's no worse than it has been and you can expect the starting pitchers to go around 7 innings on average.

The Braves have a good bullpen but questionable starting pitching (due to age and previous off years) and their offense could be pretty good but isn't exactly league-leading material. That's not to say that the Braves can't win the division, but I think anybody in their right mind is going to pick the Phillies. Plus, if things aren't going to well for the Phils, you've always got those mid-season trades by Ruben Amaro.

AL East: Boston (Despite lacking in starting pitching outside of Lester and maybe Bucholz, a strong offense will lead them in a surprisingly weak AL East this year)
    AL Central: Minnesota (A strong offense backed by above average starting pitching and a strong bullpen should keep them at the top)
    AL West: Texas (Good offense with decent starting pitching and a strong bullpen make them the favorites in a division with no other heavy hitters)
    AL Wild Card: Detroit (Call me crazy but I don't think the White Sox or Yankees will offer serious competition down the stretch)

NL East: Philadelphia (A still productive offense along with great starting pitching will make up for their weaknesses. Expect them to take off and run away in July or August)
    NL Central: Cincinnati (This is a tough division but Cincinnati seems to have the right pieces for the job. St Louis and Milwaukee could give them a serious run)
    NL West: San Fransisco (It will be tough for San Fran to repeat their success from last year but they maintain a similar team and have questionable competition at best)
    NL Wild Card: Atlanta (They may not have the pieces to win the division, but they have them to make the playoffs)
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

AL East: Yankees
    AL Central: Twins
    AL West: Abstain
    AL Wild Card: Red Sox

NL East: Phillies
    NL Central: Pirates
    NL West: Giants
    NL Wild Card: Braves

I hope I jinx the fuck out of all these teams.

7. lol @ abstain

Re: Jays: They'll either surprise everyone or be miserable. Leaning toward miserable. Seriously, I have no idea how they'll do this year. They'll probably be last this year, though. 70 wins?

I'm actually really interested in the Orioles this year.

Here are Sports Illustrated's divisional predictions.

Verlander's fucking dealing today.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 31 Mar 2011 at 03:18 PM.

8. AL East - Red Sox
    AL Central - Twins
    AL West - Rangers
    AL Wild Card - As

NL East - Braves
    NL Central - Reds
    NL West - Dodgers
    NL Wild Card - Rockies

EDIT - And I'm hoping Broxton starts saving some games again, so I can remove that choker's avatar. lmfao. I said I would save this avatar until he saves a meaningful game....we shall see.

9. Robbie Alomar is now a special assistant to the Blue Jays.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 31 Mar 2011 at 06:31 PM.

10. he'll assist them in their loogie throwing abilities, teaching the entire team the best techniques for horking up enough phlegm and how to expel it with enough velocity to hit umpires with force and accuracy.