Page 13 of 537 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wii U Thread

1. Sony said they originally looked at the stuff MS used for Kinect but decided that the resolution was still too low to go ahead with it. I would hope they would both use and integrate an upgraded form of that, and build in a pointer to the controllers.

I feel that screens on the controller are too much of a visual separation from the TV screen to be of much use, and I hope Sony and MS don't do it unless they're all got some great idea I'm not thinking of. Nintendo usually builds their consoles to account for their own game designs, so it'll probably be something neat from them (like Zelda Four Swords) and then a lot of half-assed nonsense from anyone else making games on the system.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    So these pictures have been confirmed to be fakes.
    Darn.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

3. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    So these pictures have been confirmed to be fakes.
    I guess that would explain the halftone pattern even on the black and white shit. I should have been more suspicious of this from the jump.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I feel that screens on the controller are too much of a visual separation from the TV screen to be of much use, and I hope Sony and MS don't do it unless they're all got some great idea I'm not thinking of. Nintendo usually builds their consoles to account for their own game designs, so it'll probably be something neat from them (like Zelda Four Swords) and then a lot of half-assed nonsense from anyone else making games on the system.
    I feel the same way, the controller on screen is a waste. I am sure 0.1% of the games will be very cool with it.

5. There really could be some cool ideas explored with the screen on the controller. Most of them will probably suck but we'll still see some cool ideas. Obvious things like play calling in Madden will be great in a vs. setting. Family type games will benefit from them too. I think it would be great in a game like Pictionary where the word you need to draw only shows up on your controller and then gets drawn on that screen. In core genres I think it can be helpful too. I would rather quick glance at another screen then have to go through a sub-menu to select other weapons or health items.

It remains to be seen how creative developers get with their ideas though and there is no doubt that controller prices will sky rocket.

6. Has no one here played a fps on the ds? If you can use a stylus with the screen, then you can have the best of both worlds, analog control for the character, and mouse-like aiming.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

7. I have, it isn't comfortable at all.

8. It would be a giant downgrade from Wiimote + 'chuck for FPS... Which beat down even the mighty mouse + key.

Let's not go crazy now.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. I haven't tried a FPS that uses motion+, which I doubt would improve pointer controls anyway, but the regular Wiimote isn't accurate enough to replace a good mouse.