Page 14 of 537 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wii U Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kbu Chan View Post
    Has no one here played a fps on the ds? If you can use a stylus with the screen, then you can have the best of both worlds, analog control for the character, and mouse-like aiming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    It would be a giant downgrade from Wiimote + 'chuck for FPS... Which beat down even the mighty mouse + key.
    Some people got drugs in their Easter eggs.

2. Absolutely true. Everyone knows you can't beat a good trackball.

James

3. Please stop trying to send Yoshi into Defcon 3.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

4. However, James is correct there. Trackballs are the best in every way (except having to clean them), as they have the high precision and fast sweeping movement of the mouse combined with no need to ever physically lift your hand to reposition the device.

If we combined that with a 3D Connexion device for movement, it would be incredible.

5. You still have to lift your fingers/thumb when you hit the edge of the trackball enclosure.
    I do like trackballs, but they don't have enough buttons. Anything less than five buttons is unacceptable on a gaming mouse.

6. I'm at the point where I use that Razer MMO mouse with the numpad on the side for non-RPGS too. I just map run, crouch, melee, reload, etc to the numbers. I'm mostly only touching WASD and Space on the keyboard.
    Last edited by Uriel; 24 Apr 2011 at 09:36 PM.

7. Yeah, I'm the same way, although I've just got forward and back buttons on the side of my mouse. I'd rather make use of my right thumb than my left pinky for things like crouch, sprint, melee, etc.

8. Yeah, and left-CTRL has never been a comfortable key to use from a WASD position. If I map it to anything I make sure it's something I don't have to hold down or use often.

9. Two-button mouse. For the rest, there's the keyboard. No problems so far.

James

10. Two-button mouse here as well (not counting scroll wheel/button). And I even use the left mouse button for crouch!