Page 17 of 537 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wii U Thread

1. I prefer corded controllers, but that's only because I do most of my gaming at my computer desk.
    I don't think we'll ever see a corded first party controller again.

Good. Cords are stupid.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Cords are stupid.
    Except when you need to strangle someone.

Ligatures are for pussies.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Ligatures are for pussies.
    I don't know much about music on a technical level so I can't really say.

6. Do we really need New PC machine in a box to hook up to a TV? To say you're disappointed that it's not "just a really powerful console that I can hook up" is just setting yourself up for disappointment. They haven't done that since the Gamecube. Every product since then is "passable hardware, possiblly great/gimmicky/whatever the product of your optimism or pessimism will dictate control feature or new idea. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It has continued to not deny that the hardware is hardly new or groundbreaking from a technical standpoint. I have two other consoles and a constantly upgraded PC that make those claims.

Say that their competitors do it better, but it's often only because Nintendo did it years first. Analog sticks, motion controls, glasses-free 3D, and probably no doubt whatever they're doing now. The story from last generation will not change. They'll roll this thing out and the optimistic will champion it as the next coming. The people who want PC-in-a-box will be snide. TNL will buy it no matter how vehemently they deny it months before it comes out. If it's successful, their competitors will adopt a me-too, technically more impressive version of whatever Nintendo did years ago. Yoshi will buy it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword View Post
    Say that their competitors do it better, but it's often only because Nintendo did it years first. Analog sticks, motion controls, glasses-free 3D, and probably no doubt whatever they're doing now.
    NeoZeedeator is gone for like two weeks and people have already completely forgotten the past. I expected better of you, George.

8. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    NeoZeedeator is gone for like two weeks and people have already completely forgotten the past. I expected better of you, George.
    Which? Like I guess if you want to be really specific, the Vectrex did the analog stick super first, but it hardly pressed their competitors into adopting them into later iterations of a controller from the same generation.

9. Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword View Post
    Which? Like I guess if you want to be really specific, the Vectrex did the analog stick super first, but it hardly pressed their competitors into adopting them into later iterations of a controller from the same generation.
    That's just it. Everything you listed has been done before Nintendo by other game companies, but Nintendo did it better. Your comment was backwards.

10. Okay, well let me phrase it this way: Nintendo was the first to introduce them as one of the leading hardware developers in the world as major features, in such a way that it affected market trends and influenced their competitors. Part of it could have been just timing, in the jump from 16 to 32 bit and 2D to 3D, the previously used analog stick suddenly made a lot of sense. At the time, you could still consider implementing these things as a "risk."