Page 29 of 537 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wii U Thread

1. Look, I'm pretty sure that when the Wii U comes out, it will be the most powerful of the three. It shouldn't be hard for Nintendo to slightly surpass 2006 tech five years later. The issue is how bad will it look compared to Microsoft's DirectX11 console which will be out around 2013.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

Agreed

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Why are HDD not standard still?
    It seems strange, unless they're not as cheap to mass produce as we think they should be.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

Considering I just got a 500GB one for my PS3 for $55 shipped, I'm not buying that.

5. I think the problem with HDD drives is that they never really go down in price. If anything, a 60gb drive today is more expensive than it was when the PS3 came out. Sony (and MS) have responded by just making the drives bigger, but you're not really able to shrink the costs of a hard drive past a certain amount.

6. Maybe it has Cloud storage.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

lol

8. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease View Post
    Look, I'm pretty sure that when the Wii U comes out, it will be the most powerful of the three. It shouldn't be hard for Nintendo to slightly surpass 2006 tech five years later. The issue is how bad will it look compared to Microsoft's DirectX11 console which will be out around 2013.
    I think people are going to be surprised by how close all 3 are next gen. Sony's CEO has said they're not investing as much into the PS4 as the PS3, and MS has hinted at similar. There's also the rumors of MS's next system being a Fusion based one.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

You're misinterpreting the Sony comment. They're not going to build factories to mass produce semiconductors and will instead use off the shelf components. That's not the same as not making a significant jump.

10. The next gen is really a big question mark at this point. I don't think there's ever been a time when the we've had less idea when the new systems are coming or what they'll look like.