Page 3 of 537 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wii U Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I used to want to see a new Killer Instinct, but I don't think the Rare of today could do it and do the game justice.
    Sure they could. It would suck. That does perfect justice to the rest of the series.

Damn! I forgot "no sequels to Rare games" in my wishlist.

3. The hate for Killer Instinct makes me sad. I had a lot of fun with the series back in the day.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

It was shit.

5. Not just regular shit, but more like explosive diahrrea.

6. Rumor: Wii successor at E3

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ole-at-e3.aspx
    We have confirmed with multiple sources that this new home system is capable of running games at HD resolutions. There are conflicting reports, however, as to whether its graphics will be comparable to those on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 – meaning it could surpass or fall short of those systems. Either way it will offer competitive specifications. Moving to HD should greatly help Nintendo and its new console in getting more multi-platform triple-A titles like Portal 2 or Mortal Kombat. This, in turn, will strengthen Nintendo's historically poor relationship with third-party publishers/developers.

In fact, Nintendo is already showing publishers the system in an effort to get them interested and allow them plenty of time to start developing titles in anticipation of the system's reported late 2012 launch. This advance support marks a change from when the Wii launched. At that time, several Western publishers were outright surprised by the announcement, and it affected the software support for the platform.
    -Kotaku says it will more powerful than the Xbox 360 or PS3.

-IGN says it will be fully backwards-compatible with Wii games, and their source describes the console as being greater than or equal to the PS3 in performance

The announcement seems pretty obvious since there is basically nothing in the Wii's future release schedule. I'm betting that it will continue to use the existing Wiimote (outside of possibly offering an ergonomic redesign), and add a PSEye-style camera to the sensor bar. $299 so as not to make the 3DS look so bad.

7. It's hard not to be more powerful than 360 and PS3 at this stage.

8. Yeah, nothing really intriguing being said there, but that's the extent of what the rumors have to say.

Yes, but the trick may be that in 2011 (or 2012, or whatever) Nintendo may be able to make a console that powerful and a fraction of the price without it being a piece of junk. I don't think MS or Sony could do that without a major redesign that I doubt they would do.

Still, I can't say I'm awfully excited, as I already have a PS3 and 360. The only attraction would be Nintendo first party games actually having some graphic muscle again, and possibly some of the other Japanese developers that are hesitant to design for anything but handhelds putting something on a real console again. Maybe if we are lucky Dragon Quest 10 will get bumped to the new system.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.