Page 4 of 537 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wii U Thread

1. Well this is about rumors, not pie-in-the-sky feature wishlists. You're of course free to ask a mod to merge them if that's what you want.

The rumors at the time were covered in the first post as well. I'm sure the mods are all over it.

3. If it runs Skyrim better than a 360/PS3 I am there day one.

You already have that piece of hardware.

I am very happy with the rumors though. I frankly expected Nintendo to shoot right at the PS3 in terms of power and then try to get away with that approach again. It would be kind of awesome if one hardware company would work on the opposite cycle of the other two. For example, if MS and Sony are on eight year cycles (calling bullshit on ten), I'd like to see Nintendo's consoles come out at the four year mark. As you all know, I am addicted to the smell of new hardware. It's like strange for married people.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 14 Apr 2011 at 06:55 PM.

5. Nope, planning to build one at the end of the year though. I'd rather not, but with stuff like Skyrim and BF3 on the horizon I feel like consoles can't cut it anymore.

If new consoles came out that would be even better.

6. Nintendo, just like other Japanese companies, are stretched. I don't believe they have the resource bandwidth, knowledge, infrastructure or financials to support the launch of 2 game machines in the 2011/2012 timeframe. Look at the 3DS, the Nintendo and 3rd party releases are fairly unimpressive thus far with no new in-house franchise sequel (nintendogs does not count) to help launch it. Nintendo is outsourcing their in-house games and they are just recycled ports. The actual infrastructure to support their business (e-store, user comms, etc) is still in dev. I just can't see them or any Japanese company beyond Level-5 (I'm thinking they're beginning to crumble though) prepared to help launch a new console as well. Yes, Nintendo is silent, that's because they have so much ground work that needs to be done by them and all of their outsourcing partners before they announce anything concrete. If they have a poor announcement, their battered stock will go down even further.
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

7. Kotaku sent out a hilarious e-mail about it -
    we've heard that the machine will be more powerful than current-gen systems, meaning Nintendo, currently backing a Wii that is weaker in horsepower than the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, will be showing a new console that is more powerful than those current competitors.
    So basically, in 2012 (most likely), Nintendo will finally launch a system that is stronger than 2005 and 2006 hardware. That alone may cause the world to end.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. The tech is affordable at this point and not even Nintendo wants to release games for the Wii anymore, so I'd believe it. The only thing I'm wondering is if it'll make Sony and MS scramble to try and one-up Nintendo, because if they do it's just going to fuck them over right now.

9. I will be pissed if the PS4 comes out. Give us another 4 years on the PS3. No point at all to an update.