Page 5 of 537 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wii U Thread

1. I think you need super-crazy PC graphics to drive the demand for a new console. Nowadays, with everything being multi-platform with the console as the lead, all most people see of PC games is cleaner IQ. There's little for people to look at to create that lust for more capable hardware.

Yep, you're right. It's hard to put framerate on the back of the case.

Actually, can you imagine if those little tables on the 360 and PS3 cases that show whether it supports 720p, 1080i, or 1080p; XBL/PSN; Kinect/Move; etc. also showed 30fps or 60fps? How awesome would that be? Of course, they'd need a box for either "all over the place" or "shit, we don't know."

3. Good, this will force MS/PS3 to make a true next gen console instead of sitting on moldy hardware.

Maybe Nintendo likes my "pie in the sky" after all: Blu-Ray on the way?

I really like the idea of the in-controller screen, a la the DC.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Yep, you're right. It's hard to put framerate on the back of the case.

Actually, can you imagine if those little tables on the 360 and PS3 cases that show whether it supports 720p, 1080i, or 1080p; XBL/PSN; Kinect/Move; etc. also showed 30fps or 60fps? How awesome would that be? Of course, they'd need a box for either "all over the place" or "shit, we don't know."
    Nintendo is pretty much the last developer committed to 60fps gaming. I don't think that will change.

edit: Nintendo also designs hardware around games. They wouldn't release a system too weak to run their games the way they want them to run - at 60fps. So it's pretty reasonable to guess this thing will be more powerful than the 360/PS3.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 15 Apr 2011 at 12:06 PM.

6. Mario Kart Wii, the three Mario games, Metroid, pretty much all Nintendo first party games are 60 fps.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

7. I'd done with Nintendo. Every single console I tell myself "It's going to be better this time, this time they'll be some third-part support." That of course never happens. All of the rumors about this thing sound pretty terrible too. It's also going to be the first horse out of the gate so I'd imagine Mircosoft's and Sony's efforts will once again be more powerful as far as the hardware goes. Also Nintendo doesn't understand why having an online console is so great to begin with.

Plus screw em on a personal note. My Wii was destroyed last summer by lightning, and I tossed the damn thing away with the rest of my dead electronics and replaced it, only to find out that I'd lost my 30+ Wiiware and Virtual Console games and I'd have to buy them all again if I wanted to replace them. I'm still angry about that.

By the way. I of course didn't have this problem at all from Microsoft or Sony.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

8. OMG facepalm...your power cable was destroyed, not your Wii.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

9. Quote Originally Posted by Kbu Chan View Post
    OMG facepalm...your power cable was destroyed, not your Wii.
    ?

If you have a surge without a surge protector, any electronic equipment connected can be fried.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Giga Power View Post
    I'd done with Nintendo. Every single console I tell myself "It's going to be better this time, this time they'll be some third-part support." That of course never happens. All of the rumors about this thing sound pretty terrible too. It's also going to be the first horse out of the gate so I'd imagine Mircosoft's and Sony's efforts will once again be more powerful as far as the hardware goes. Also Nintendo doesn't understand why having an online console is so great to begin with.

Plus screw em on a personal note. My Wii was destroyed last summer by lightning, and I tossed the damn thing away with the rest of my dead electronics and replaced it, only to find out that I'd lost my 30+ Wiiware and Virtual Console games and I'd have to buy them all again if I wanted to replace them. I'm still angry about that.

By the way. I of course didn't have this problem at all from Microsoft or Sony.
    You had to buy them all over again because you chose to do so.

Now, if you had the foresight to sync your Wii to your My Nintendo account, and you were persistent enough with their customer service department, it would not have been an issue. I've seen it done in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.