Page 6 of 537 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wii U Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    ?

If you have a surge without a surge protector, any electronic equipment connected can be fried.
    I've had the same thing happen to me twice, and both times it fried the external power supply and not the unit. It's obviously too late to check now, but I'd bet the same thing happened.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

2. I did all of this. I've called four times and exchanged emails several and every time they've told me that the games are linked to your system. They did say if I had sent in the system, even though it was fried, that they could have worked around this. And I didn't go ahead and buy everything again. I just said screw it.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

3. Quote Originally Posted by Kbu Chan View Post
    I've had the same thing happen to me twice, and both times it fried the external power supply and not the unit. It's obviously too late to check now, but I'd bet the same thing happened.
    No, everything was destroyed. We had an awful hit. Destroyed about 4,000 dollars worth of shit. Even a new TV I only had for about three months. The insurance part took so long that I had plenty of time to test everything to see if it was working.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

That's why I stopped buying VC games. It's a ridiculously backwards system.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. We really need to start lobbying for regulation of this shit. It's absurd that companies are allowed to set their own rules for what rights the consumer does and doesn't have re: digital purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. Quote Originally Posted by Giga Power View Post
    I did all of this. I've called four times and exchanged emails several and every time they've told me that the games are linked to your system. They did say if I had sent in the system, even though it was fried, that they could have worked around this. And I didn't go ahead and buy everything again. I just said screw it.
    Takeaway lesson: Don't throw shit away until you've come to a complete resolution.

Not to play Mr. Hardass or anything. That's a really shitty situation overall. Good thing you were insured.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gas View Post
    We really need to start lobbying for regulation of this shit. It's absurd that companies are allowed to set their own rules for what rights the consumer does and doesn't have re: digital purchases.
    This is exactly why I still have a hardon for physical media. I don't know that Amazon is going to be around forever; fuck the Kindle, I'll take a real book. And so on and so forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gas View Post
    We really need to start lobbying for regulation of this shit.
    Yes, let's pay more taxes to enforce this bullshit too instead of just voting with our dollars by not supporting shit we don't like. As with everything else, people don't care enough to actually take the initiative themselves.

8. This is about as significant as the Wii being more powerful than the PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    According to our sources, the new Nintendo controller will feature dual analog sticks in addition to standard d-pad and trigger buttons. It'll mirror a Gamecube controller in general function but not in specific form.
    Link

Awesome. I still hope there is a Wiimote/Move accessory available, but I'm glad Nintendo figured out that it can't be the main controller.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Yes, let's pay more taxes to enforce this bullshit too instead of just voting with our dollars by not supporting shit we don't like. As with everything else, people don't care enough to actually take the initiative themselves.
    For that to work, everyone has to believe as you do. Problem is, there's very little "us" and a whole load of "me" out there. Example- buying stuff from a company that rapes a river because hey, it's not like the river is near me and I didn't hear about it anyway. (I remember what the Androscoggin river was like in the 70s, and regulations to prevent things like that happening are a good thing.) Regulations, while obviously not the optimal solution, wouldn't be a bad idea in order to clarify in a legal context exactly what the consumer's rights are in regards to downloaded content. Of course, there's the possibility it would end up being ruled that the content is licensed from the company and they can do whatever you like to you, with or without lube, but it's not a guarantee and at least everyone would know where they stand.

James