Page 500 of 537 FirstFirst ... 486496498499500501502504514 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 5369

Thread: Official Wii U Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    It probably didn't help that it was released shortly after Prime 3, so to a lot of people had already paid $50 for 3 and the question was "Do I want to pay another $50 for updated controls for Prime 1 and 2?"

I did, but I can see went many did not.
    Nope. Metroid Prime 3 was August 27th 2007, and Metroid Prime Trilogy was August 24th 2009. That's almost 2 years to the day. That's not shortly after.

Also they said from day one, and pretty much made it apparent constantly that MPT was a very limited release, and that once it was off shelves it would be gone.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. Gohan got the Japanese version of 3, which was released in 2008.

(Just goes to show you how unreliable memory can be, as it surely felt to me like they were released close together.)

We're getting old, two years isn't that long.

4. Two years might as well be back to back when you're over 30.

and pretty much made it apparent constantly
    I must have missed all the neon billboards and prime time news segments.

I'm sure they mentioned it but I probably just thought it would be limited in the same way a Zelda collector's edition was. Or it just wasn't on my priority list to keep track of.

5. I got Metroid Prime Trilogy for $20 back in the day because the poor kid at TRU put a Metroid Prime Trilogy Disc in the Metroid Prime 3 box I brought to the counter
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Absolutely, instead of (I'm sure what was) Nintendo's viewpoint of "Here's 3 full games, a value at only $50!" our view was "I just paid $50 for one of those games, and I already own/played the other two. $50 is insane for that package."
    It's reminiscent of that Xenoblade Chronicles debacle that made it so Low and I can't be friends anymore. The game was very available at Gamestop and on Nintendo's website for quite a while. People just gambled that it would get cheaper before disappearing. They lost that bet and then cried about it. I still maintain that anyone who missed it was a jerkface. That game was completely worth the full price day one.
    I'm just holding out for the digital versions of those games HD or no, it's extra money for Nintendo without having to deal with print runs.

I suspect you won't see a digital release of the Wii version of Xenoblade, because it could cut into the sales of the 3DS version. Nintendo needs that one to help drive New (I feel like an ass every time I type that) adoption, since it's the only announced exclusive.

8. It's okay, I can be a very patient man.

9. I hope it stays the only announced exclusive.

10. Repeat the black game boy cartridge model with this new 3DS stuff or suck a dick. Parents are confused enough by DS, 2DS, and 3DS. "No, that game won't work on his 3DSxl. It only works on a New 3DSxl. No, no. It doesn't matter that you just got him the system at Christmas, there's a new new 3ds now."
    Shoot me.