Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Superstars

1. The median IQ in the country is not conducive to your ideal for the forums.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm here throughout the day every day. I just choose, most of the time, not to post unless I have something to add.
    But if you're just lurking and not posting and contributing to discussion then you are another part of the TNL problem, you want active quality discussion but you don't want to do your part to post and make it happen.

We're down to a very small user base at this point, I really don't forsee things like this making it much better.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    But if you're just lurking and not posting and contributing to discussion then you are another part of the TNL problem, you want active quality discussion but you don't want to do your part to post and make it happen.
    Let's not do this.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Yoshi, Josh, Kano, and omfgninjas.
    And THIS is an example of a problem. Josh, Kano and ninjas are SOURCES of many of the catchphrases/memes and they use/d them all the time. Yes they post other things as well, but that has always been a constant thing from all of them. Yet you see them as some of the best of the forums?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. That's my whole point. Kano and 'ninjas knew when to step the hell away and not beat something to death. They were actually creative forces and not echo chambers.

6. I think you're looking back with rose tinted glasses here. They beat the living HELL out of shit like mortal kombat.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    We're down to a very small user base at this point, I really don't forsee things like this making it much better.
    Why do you keep saying wrong things in this thread? There are usually thirty to forty members on during the day - and it's been that way forever. We have never gone over what we have now, and we have more guests than before. Do not pull facts out of the air.

8. I said it the last time, and I'll say it again: TNL should be The Onion of videogames.

I think we have the talent.

And it'd be so much fun!
    Boo, Hiss.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Why do you keep saying wrong things in this thread? There are usually thirty to forty members on during the day - and it's been that way forever. We have never gone over what we have now, and we have more guests than before. Do not pull facts out of the air.
    Ok, let me rephrase it into a small active user base at this point. Does that work better?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    And who are the people I've usually complimented on the forums? Yoshi, Josh, Kano, and omfgninjas.
    Yoshi - There's a difference between "holding your own" and "bending your perception of reality in order to make sure you're never wrong." The guy makes me laugh a lot, I agree with him about as often as I disagree with him, and I find his showboating to be extremely amusing. I can say the exact same things about Glenn Beck; it certainly doesn't make him the best broadcaster in cable news. Yoshi contributes--a lot--but "best poster" is overshooting the runway just a tad.

Josh - Taking away his mom jokes will never stop him from being great. Dracula, etc. Josh will find a way.

Kano and omfgninjas - Okay, as one of the newer kids that stuck around, I need some context. Are they still here? Or are you using them as examples exactly because they aren't? I'm a tad lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.