Thread: Insidious

1. Insidious

Considering this was made by the writing/directing team that gave birth to Saw, which has become the inbred, white trash shitstain of the horror world (although the original film had some potential), I was pretty much floored by how good Insidious actually is. Sure, it's a whole lot Poltergeist, but it's been a while since a movie's made me check all the little dark corners in my pad beofe I go to sleep at night- it was effectively scary and pretty much kept me tense all througout. Very solid horror flick, especially considering that it's PG-13.

That gas mask scene was especially freaky. Why was she wearing a gas mask? Who knows? Who cares? It was awesome.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 05 Apr 2011 at 11:54 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Bullshit. There's no way the team behind Saw did something good. I refuse to believe.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    a move's
    No. This is not a thing and you're not making it one.

I think this looks alright.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. I thought that the spooooooooky music was fairly off putting, and the movie did a bad job of building any true sense of dread. There are a lot of pretty good jump scares, but I think the best scary movies show you as little as possible so that when you actually see things they're awesome. This movie showed way too much, and I think the dream world or whatever they were calling it was pretty crappy. The gas mask scene was cool though.

5. Kor's right in the sense that they showed too much. The idea of the red-faced demon was kinda scary before you actually got to see it, and it wound up being a cross between Darth Maul, Freddy Krueger, and Nightcrawler. This is actually much lamer than it sounds.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww