Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Spring 2011

1. Yeah, I dropped C after two episodes, then decided to give it another shot (because "The Money of Soul and Possibility Control" is just too fun to say), but stopped for good at episode six. Not terrible, but not really my style. The battles are very "trading-card-game" style and it turns me off.

I'm watching Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, a lighthearted drama about a girl who disappeared for six months, and returned convinced she had been abducted by aliens. This causes her to say all kinds of strange things and spend the majority of her time wrapped in a futon. She's cool, but the viciously spunky Ryuuko Mifune absolutely steals the show. I've never seen characters quite like either of them.

Ryuuko

AnoHana's still far and away the best thing I've seen this season. I've cried two or three times already. I hate anybody reading this who doesn't at least watch the first episode. Hate! Doki's subbing 'em (almost everything I'm watching this season/talked about in this thread can be found on one site: theirs). The intro and song is great, too:

Last edited by Compass; 26 May 2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Ryuuko pic disappeared

2. I really Like Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica/Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I'm a huge sucker for magical girl shows, and this one actually isn't really generic. It was so cute in the second episode when Madoka brings out her sketchbook showing what she wants her outfit to look like. Because its so the first thing I would have done.

There isn't much of it on Youtube to show, almost the whole search result is some greasy teenager waving his arms around giving some (probably shitty) review.

AnoHana's still far and away the best thing I've seen this season. I've cried two or three times already. I hate anybody reading this who doesn't at least watch the first episode. Hate! Doki's subbing 'em (almost everything I'm watching this season/talked about in this thread can be found on one site: theirs). The intro and song is great, too:
    It looks interesting, I will probably watch it. I always get curious about something when people say it made them cry. o.o
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2b8cbf04-s.jpg 
Views:	1425 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	61825  

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rated E View Post
    I really Like Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica/Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I'm a huge sucker for magical girl shows, and this one actually isn't really generic. It was so cute in the second episode when Madoka brings out her sketchbook showing what she wants her outfit to look like. Because its so the first thing I would have done.
    Haha, I almost dropped Madoka after a couple episodes, but that exact scene kept me going (plus the promise of impending awesomeness in episode 3 or 4... which actually panned out). Cool show.

I raved about Heartcatch Precure! in my "Please recommend" thread, but that's probably my favorite magical girl show after Sailor Moon. Madoka is interesting because it's a rare serious take on the genre, but Heartcatch is traditional sugary cuteness through and through. The whole show is like Madoka's sketchbook scene.

Yall watch the most moe shit.

5. Moe desu~

Nichijou is my favorite thing in years. I'll check out that Anohana, Compass.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nya.gif 
Views:	1024 
Size:	352.5 KB 
ID:	61826  
    Donk

6. also

Donk

7. I think Kung Fu Panda 2 is the best anime this spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Naruto is still going strong. Shit is hitting the fan.

9. I went to the Puerto Rico ComiCon last week and they had a room with anime showing. I saw the whole MazinKaiser OVA that came out recently. It had lots of battle between big robots, no school girls, and it was self-contained - everything anime should be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MK.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	61828

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Yall watch the most moe shit.
    Madoka Magica is not what it appears. It get real dark.

Anohana is really good, Compass. I could do without Menma hanging around all the time with her high-pitched squealing, though.