Thread: Phonetography - Cell Phone Cameras Only

Anyway... from the other thread:
    Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

2. Those first few shots make Baltimore look like Gotham City. Very cool.

Thanks! This is the Best App Ever. I'll keep trying to contribute to this thread.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    This is the Best App Ever.
    It really is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0388.JPG 
Views:	278 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	61108   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0389.JPG 
Views:	277 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	61109  

Better flip that tab to "full quality" son.

6. I'm rocking a 3G, I work with what I have.

7. Can we upload pics directly from our cell phones to TNL? The mobile skin doesn't have an attachment button and Sprint sucks now with e-mailing pictures to myself.

8. I don't think so. I know iPhone and my old Pre can't. I've just been uploading to Facebook through the app and then linking to the Facebook "Download" version for full resolution.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I think, perhaps, you're missing the point of this thread?
    It's a picture I took with my cell phone. One of the only ones I can show you in this thread.
    And 3 megapixels doesn't take very pretty pictures anyhow.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    It's a picture I took with my cell phone. One of the only ones I can show you in this thread.
    And 3 megapixels doesn't take very pretty pictures anyhow.
    Three megapixels is plenty. And I think Josh was implying that your shot is more Sound Off material and less Artist's Block. Either that or he doesn't like that you didn't use Hipstamatic.

I didn't have any standards in mind when I started the thread, I think art can pop up in all sorts of unlikely places including in the terrified eyes of your ginger-fro'd friend. That's part of the idea of this thread. One thing I love about cell phone photography, among other mainstream user media, is that it encompasses virtually everyone and that artistic gems can appear where maybe no one would've looked before. Take YouTube, for example. Most of it is base crap, but it gives everyone a voice. And occasionally it outputs something tremendous--think Dave After Dentist, or videos of basement drummers that are just amazing. Stuff that would otherwise have never had an outlet or maybe never would have existed in the first place because it wasn't easy to do.

I do, however, think everyone should use the [ simg ] tag like civilized people.
    Last edited by MarkRyan; 12 Apr 2011 at 12:45 AM.