Page 1 of 28 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Phonetography - Cell Phone Cameras Only

1. Phonetography - Cell Phone Cameras Only

This thread is for photos taken and edited with only a cell phone. I used to hate taking pictures with a phone because I've got a DSLR and the shots never compare, but I've recently joined the iPhone bots and am absolutely loving the Hipstamatic and Instagram apps. Much more so than a simple fascination with the filters--in truth, I usually hate filters.

Philosophically I've got a whole new appreciation for cell phone photography. It's not about absolute fidelity and quality, it's about "in this moment" and chance. I can't carry my DSLR everywhere I go, but my Hipstamatic is always at the ready. I love that shaking the app gives me a random combination of filters for a truly spontaneous image of the moment. It happens outside my control--it's chance and I love it.

I've got a bunch of shots I like but I'll start with this one from Sunday, a picture of my cat sleeping by my lap. It's a shot I could almost never capture with a DSLR.

Click for full size

I only take pictures with my cell phone. I love the hipstamatic ap because I love not having any fucking idea what is going to come out of it. Reminds me a lot of my very first camera, or my old Polaroid something or other that had all these wild light leaks.

Good thread. I'll throw some shots up if I ever turn my computer on again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    No one uses sigs.

Btw... all good photography is about the moment. IMO of course.
    No one uses sigs.

4. I agree, especially with people. I hate when people try to pose for pictures I'm taking. If I bring up my camera and someone poses, I don't hit the shutter button.

5. ...Unless I ask them to pose funny.

Some pictures from today's trip to Santa Cruz.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

My buddy Travis, he's kind of special.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trav!.jpeg 
Views:	353 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	61097

His hair is huge man, huge. He's also a very large guy in general.

8. When did Andy Samberg become stricken with Down Syndrome and befriend Pineapple?

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    My buddy Travis, he's kind of special.
    I think, perhaps, you're missing the point of this thread?
    No one uses sigs.