Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Need Some Info on Gas Sales

Fe,

Based upon the syllabus, the correlation between social media and stock prices should only lead into what sort of response needs to be taken by your writing's audience. If you are making a suggestion to BP, you could use the memo as proof that social media has a significant and measurable effect on the bottom line, thus, BP should respond by doing whatever you think they should do. If you chose to address investors, you could say that generally poor public perception predicts a downturn in stock prices, or whatever it is you find in the relationship between stock prices and Twitter comments. In this context, writing that recommends taking a specific action is stronger than summarizing what is going on.

Is there a specific writing format for Memorandums? I don't think I've ever written one.

Yes, there is a specific format. I can't access your library's database without a login, so start by searching for this book, and if your school doesn't have that one for checkout, search similar titles and see if they are available online, or ask a librarian tomorrow. I don't know if there's a reliable source for business writing online.

So I'm looking at these annual reports for BP and exxon and a couple others. And the financial statements.

any of you financial types have any advice on what figures I should comment on to communicate which companies were profitable and which were not?