Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon's Dogma

Dragon's Dogma

More at Eurogamer

2. I'm always good for an open world rpg so I'll keep an eye on this.

3. The dragon thing looked cool, but in that video at least it felt very shooting gallery.

Still, it peaked my interest so I too will be following where this goes.

4. This looks like shit.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    it peaked
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2001-08-31--Longs_Peak_Summit.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	61120  
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

I'm glad it didn't peek his interest. We don't need voyeuristic trailers.

7. Game looks awesome. An open world RPG with a combat system that looks like it takes actual skill to play? Sign me up. Always nice to see new IPs in this sea of sequels too.

This better be 2+ online co-op though. As excited as I am (was) for Skyrim - the lack of any kind of online co-op is a massive disappointment, especially with Dark Souls and potentially this game offering it. Time to get with the times.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

8. Co-op doesn't make a damn bit of sense for an Elder Scrolls game, it's not a game where any given person's pace is going to match up with another's. A big part of the series' identity is all the world-building in big heaping walls of text and stuff, you gonna sit around while your pal decides to read some 20-page book?

Anyway, this game. Looks like Middle Earth Monster Hunter... Eh, I dunno, I prefer my Japanese games more bombastic and weird in setting.

9. It looks...... meh at best...
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Co-op doesn't make a damn bit of sense for an Elder Scrolls game...
    To each his own. Playing Oblivion with 2 or more friends would make that game a billion times better. If even just to mill around in your buddy's world for a bit to join up on a quest or 2. Me and my friends have been saying this for years and to hear that Skyrim has no online anything is disappointing. Hell, we used to play Oblivion in an xbox party and talk about stuff going on in our game like where we were at and stuff. Theres 1000s of optional quests/dungeons in Oblivion alone. Aint no way in hell someone out there did every single one of those. There would be no shortage of quests to mess around with in co-op.

A big part of the series' identity is all the world-building in big heaping walls of text and stuff
    Not really. I barely even read that crap. Elder scrolls is all about the massive world and exploration. Spending all that time in it alone is frankly boring as hell after awhile. Co-op would make the game untouchable.
    Last edited by Destro777; 13 Apr 2011 at 12:22 AM.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series