Page 1 of 22 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)

IGN has posted their early impressions of the remake and will be updating with more.

It's interesting that Nintendo farmed out the port to Grezzo. It makes me wonder if they've done the same with Star Fox 64 3D.

2. This game looks like a huge upgrade over the original graphically. It's really impressive.

3. I see Din's model still looks as repulsive as ever.

4. Part of the reason I waited so long to get a DS and reason why I thought PSP was gonna put Nintendo in its grave (lol) was Mario 64 DS. Aside from mini games that had nothing to do with the game, and being on a handheld (with worse controls) nothing about that port was added/altered/tweaked to fit the DS format.

This looks like that - up the prettiness, add in 3D and then...? Not a lot else. I suppose that's fine in its own right, but a must-have? A killer app? A reason to go get a 3DS on its own?

Dunno man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Mario Kart is the reason to get a 3DS, but I'll give this another whirl now that I can do so sans the N64 hideousness. I'm not paying $40 for it of course.

6. The reason to get a 3DS is if it lives up to half the potential that the DS did it will be one of the best systems ever.

I'm excited to play through zeldo again.

I think it's been long enough that this warrants another play through, especially with updated graphics. Also it is in THREE DEEES.

The worst part about Mario 64 was that they had the giant balls to even pretend like the touchscreen with that thumb BULLSHIT was an acceptable control scheme. If you used the dpad it wasn't optimal, but definitely playable. The only negative is that playing as anyone but Mario was kind of annoying, and having to switch characters for stars like DK 64, alleviated though it was through the use of hats, still sucked all of the dicks.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. I have been kinda thinking about playing through mario 64 on the 3ds with the new analog slider thing.

Worth it?

9. OoT is my favorite Zelda game but I don't think I can go through it yet again. I've beaten it about ten times by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    I have been kinda thinking about playing through mario 64 on the 3ds with the new analog slider thing.

Worth it?
    I turned it on just to try that out! The only bad part is that it's not analog, you still have to hold Y to run but it feels a ton better than the dpad did and works surprisingly well.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery