Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Rise of the Planet of the Apes

1. Saw it last night and thought it was pretty good.

2. Yeah, saw it as well. A lot of great moments, if only for the staging. Some of the CG in the beginning looked a little cartoonish, but it was great later on. Maybe the only prequel I've ever liked!

3. Saw it because a bunch of my friends wanted to. Its pretty good and competently made, but what you see is what you get, kind of like the first Iron Man movie.

My biggest issue with it was that they had a very unique opportunity to do some fantastic and creative violence but they didn't take that route.
    Last edited by arjue; 15 Aug 2011 at 05:51 AM.

4. I caught this before it was out of theaters and really enjoyed it. I thought it was going to be stupid but some of my friends insisted and I am glad that they did. It was very "Hollywood" and they could've done a better job with the ending, but outside of that it was a pretty solid film. The entire story had a pretty tragic overtone and while some of the science may have seemed far fetched, well, it's only a movie.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453