Thread: I can't view youtube videos posted on any forums.

1. I can't view youtube videos posted on any forums.

While logged in as an administrator, I can see youtube videos pasted on websites, without going directly to youtube. But, while logged in as a user, I can't see any of the youtube videos posted on forums like TNL.

Does anyone know what setting might be causing this?

2. flash might not be installed for all users

3. It was working fine, then all of the sudden I'm seeing the white box. I must have turned something off in my settings to cause this, because it works fine when I go to youtube.

4. maybe adblocker or something, then?

5. Flash was acting up for me not too long ago. I would get nothing but a black box on videos until I either scrolled the web page up and down or switched back and forth between tabs. The last Flash update fixed it though, so I never did find out why it was being weird.

6. When I'm logged in as the admin, the posted videos work fine. I've checked my settings on the firewall and antivirus, and everythings looks okay. I even did a recovery back to the 17th, but nothing changed. I might download firefox to see if anything changes. It's weird, because the videos work fine on YouTube.
    Last edited by gamevet; 25 Apr 2011 at 11:19 PM.

7. I guess it had to do with a corrupt file, or a real bitch of a trojan inside of my computer. I dumped my files onto an external HDD and did a clean install of Windows 7. I guess that was a good thing, since I no longer have crap like HP advisor clogging up my PC.