Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Rap Responsibly - Hip-Hop Podcast

1. Please Rap Responsibly - Hip-Hop Podcast

Alright so me and 3 of my friends are working on doing a Hip-Hop podcast that focuses on discussion about lyrics, local talent, any shows that we can make it to, you know shit like that to bring attention back to clever lyricism and just wax philosophic 'bout Hip-Hop in general.

People are always telling me that I know a lot about hip-hop and the 3 of us always get together to hang out listen to music talk shit. So one day we had an idea to record our conversations and see if anyone else likes the shit lol. That's pretty much the history of it...

Anyway if anybody has any helpful tips about mic's and other equipment that would be helpful. Shit we just recorded our first practice episode it was the 4 of us huddled around my friends laptop using Audacity. The sound quality is actually pretty decent. Any tips on good editing software would be nice and some tips on how to structure a show would be cool too lol. That ended up being tougher than I anticipated.

tl;dr: 4 kids who love Hip-Hop wanna do a podcast but might be in over their heads lol. Help plz.

I'll post our practice run once i edit out us just sitting around talking shit about nothing or i could just put it up unedited. You might be able to get a vague sense at what we're trying to do.

Much love TNL
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

Audacity is just fine for what you're doing. Fancy software won't make your editing skills any better.

When you feel limited by the software, step it up. Not before.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Audacity is just fine for what you're doing. Fancy software won't make your editing skills any better.

When you feel limited by the software, step it up. Not before.
    Thanks yeah from listening to the unedited episode we did it seemed fine. Thanks for the tip though, I hadn't thought of that.

Also anybody have any ideas for stuff they'd like to hear in a Hip-Hop podcast let me know. We're still up in the air as far content goes.
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

Good hip hop would be nice. I haven't heard anything I got really excited about since APC's last recording.

Listen to P.O.S.'s Never Better. It was going to be my music club pick.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 27 Apr 2011 at 03:19 PM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

6. Thanks for the responses so far. As far as music goes could we get in trouble for playing songs without licensing them first? Although most of the people we're gonna be talking about are underground so i don't think they'd make too much fuss, just want to avoid a headache.

Yes you can... But you won't. Worry about licensing songs once you're getting 50k downloads a week.

8. Dauntlessness is okay for what you're doing. Extravagant programming won't bring about a significant improvement. When you feel constrained by the product, step it up. Not in the recent past.
    NoorAlamShahzad

Did a spambot just plagiarize a Josh post from three years ago?

That dauntlessness tho.