Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadman Wonderland

1. Deadman Wonderland

New series airing right now, seems decent so far. Basic gist is guy's high school class gets murdered and he's framed for it, and then stuck into a privately owned prison that makes money by putting on gruesome carnivals starring the inmates. There's a lot of traditional anime nonsense going on so you'll need to be ready to deal with some hackneyed elements, but there's a lot of good potential that I'm hoping they use.

First couple episodes are up on Crunchyroll.

2. First eppy's pretty tight. Some music reminded me of Resident Evil.

3. Shiro's amazing.

I'm really digging this show. [C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control is the only other "serious" anime I'm watching this season, but I may drop that (because the battles are boring and Saturday morning cartoon-ish).

4. I'm actually kind of surprised at the fairly brisk clip they seem to be moving at, I'm guessing that's a bonus of them waiting a while to start adapting the manga. If I what I understand is true (and it very well may not be) each season is 13 episodes and there's two seasons worth being made which will catch them up to where the manga currently is. I guess if the show makes it past season 3 it'll be filler time.

I also don't recall anyone actually telling Ganta that he needed candy to reset the timer, but he knew about it in episode 3. I guess I missed something? Oh well, I'm hoping episode 4 has a fun battle if their foreshadowing isn't just cock-teasing.

5. Is it just me or does Ganta seem to have the lamest branch of sin imaginable? I'm wondering how he's gonna make it useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

6. He's still learning to use it, though. It'll probably get cooler.

Am I crazy or were they implying an episode or two ago that Shiro is the Red Man?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Am I crazy or were they implying an episode or two ago that Shiro is the Red Man?
    Yeah more like they down right said it with the subtlety of a truck. Things could get really interesting depending on how they play that out.
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

8. I was hoping I'd misinterpreted. Could still be a cloned Shiro or something. Maybe? ;_;

I will never forgive Ganta for ep 10's punch. Never.

9. The censoring really kicked into high gear for that final episode. I haven't seen that much blur since my mid-'90s crush on Damon Albarn. Kinda wish I'd waited for the Blu-rays...

Looking forward to season 2, though!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    The censoring really kicked into high gear for that final episode. I haven't seen that much blur since my mid-'90s crush on Damon Albarn. Kinda wish I'd waited for the Blu-rays...

Looking forward to season 2, though!

I've been meaning to catch up on this but I hate watching censored shit any idea if there are any groups subbing uncensored?