Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 90

Thread: Prey (2017)

  1. Prey wasn't phenomenal and this is kind of out there for a sequel but I guess they figure any name brand recognition is better than none. Sounds interesting, in any case.

  2. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Everything about this game sounds focus-tested. Fuck this game and games like it.
    Focus testing bothers the shit out of me too, but I can't say that's the vibe I got here. Things like Mirror's Edge elements and the need to holster your gun, heavy adventure elements, etc seem completely against the kind of things focus groups go for. Bethesda and Human Head are not companies that do a lot of focus group shit, either. I think you're wrong on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    It's a FPS that isn't made by id, Valve, or Irrational. That's means it's more likely to go in the toilet direction if we're playing the odds.
    I don't know if, from what I've read, I'd really call it a FPS in the traditional sense. Seems like more of a first-person action-adventure. Also, that's an idiotic statement with a million counterexamples, but I really don't want to go there right now.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Also, that's an idiotic statement with a million counterexamples, but I really don't want to go there right now.
    If 50.01% of FPS not made by those companies are bad, then it's a true statement, and the number is a hell of a lot higher than 50.01%.

  4. Then you could just as easily 50.1% of FPS not made by Crytek are bad. We could do that with a million companies, it's a dumb statement. Let's not do this.

  5. #15
    I almost put Crytek on the list, but that would have taken the gambling aspect out of it, as it would have been a near certainty.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    What does that even mean in this case?
    It means Yoshi didn't read a damn thing about this game and jumped to a conclusion so he could have something to post.


  7. How about going back to the original concept of Prey? One-on-one boss battles across a large area. Hell, that would be a good fit for an actual Blade Runner game.

    Being chased by Adonis Rutger Hauer would be a highpoint in video game history.
    Last edited by Uriel; 01 May 2011 at 03:16 PM.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    It means Yoshi didn't read a damn thing about this game and jumped to a conclusion so he could have something to post.
    Or I read about it a month ago when the news originally broke and couldn't remember because I wasn't all that interested. If I were, I would have posted this thread then. Thank you for your always enlightening contribution to the discussion though.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Thank you for your always enlightening contribution to the discussion though.
    I wish I could talk about shit I know nothing about and then not feel like an idiot saying this to someone who calls me on my shit.

    I can't even imagine how awesome I would always feel.


  10. Sure is menstrual around here.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Games.com logo