Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Prey (2017)

1. I liked the Prey PC demo (YOU GOT ANOTHER THING CUMMIN!). Never played the full game.

2. Quote Originally Posted by PKBMax View Post
    Art Bell has a role in Prey? Is it a major role?
    Yeah, he's heard on radios throughout the whole game reporting on the events of the alien invasion.

Prey was fun, it tried new things. They didn't all work, but I dug it anyway.

This game really shouldn't be called Prey, but honestly sounds pretty neat so far.

3. Shit. Now I have to play the original.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

4. Prey was a decent game. This one doesn't look that promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Being chased by Adonis Rutger Hauer would be a highpoint in video game history.
    Didn't you play RE3?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

6. Prey did the portal thing before Portal. It was a pretty good looking and fun to play game for it's time.

This game looks nothing like it, at all, but still looks interesting so far.

7. Except not really, because the portals were pretty much just doors in the world.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Prey did the portal thing before Portal.
    It did it like 10 years before Portal too, the game just never made it out back then.

In the early implementations it was actually closer to the real Portal, too, where you could place the portal yourself and use them to solve puzzles.

Destructible environments and even some primitive physics similation too. Prey would have way ahead of the curve if it came out when it was supposed to.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 07 Jun 2011 at 08:28 AM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Except not really, because the portals were pretty much just doors in the world.
    To the extent you couldn't move them yeah, but it's not like they were just doors on the edge of a room. There were plenty of parts where you could shoot yourself through portals and one of the first portals you interact with is a tiny box you can walk all the way around or go through the front and enter a huge room, I'd never seen that before, it was way cool in 2006.

10. Double impressions from IGN:
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1173616p1.html

Everything I hear about this I like. Mirror's Edge meets Mass Effect meets Fallout 3? Off to a good start.