Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Prey (2017)

1. Prey (2017)

You gotta wonder sometimes why people make sequels to games they don't have a lot of confidence in. Personally, I thought Prey had a lot of really great, original ideas that deserved to be explored more, but apparently Human Head disagrees. Prey 2 will not have gravity tricks, portals, or alien abduction. I'm not really sure why it's even Prey 2.

Prey 2 is now an open-world bounty hunter game set in a Blade Runner-esque futuristic metropolis, with Mirror's Edge-like freerunning elements, and cyberpunk/film noir overtones. I'm not really sure how this qualifies as a sequel, or why Prey would be the franchise you'd bust out to brand a practically unrelated game, but what they're doing is interesting, at least.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/18/prey-2-preview/

I'm interested in it as a tech demo more than anything else. I actually enjoyed the original in a maybe 6-7/10 kind of way.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'm interested in it as a tech demo more than anything else. I actually enjoyed the original in a maybe 6-7/10 kind of way.
    It's id Tech 4, so I don't think it's going to be much of a tech demo. What does that even mean in this case?

4. no Art Bell no sale

edit: I guess this is a sequel in the same way Highlander II: The Quickening is a sequel
    Last edited by cka; 01 May 2011 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    It's id Tech 4, so I don't think it's going to be much of a tech demo. What does that even mean in this case?
    I was thinking it used 5 like Rage, no?

edit: Nope, you're right. There went that interest.

6. The chance of me buying this game is zero.

7. I liked Prey as well, there was some really fun stuff in there. Take a wait and see on this one i guess.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    The chance of me buying this game is zero.
    Unless you're saying this because you loved everything about the first game, this is a pretty absurdly closed-minded statement at this point in the game. I'm not 100% sold on it either but it's not like the first game is reflecting on this one at all.

As it stands, this is basically an original IP with some good ideas that could go either way.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 01 May 2011 at 02:06 PM.

9. Everything about this game sounds focus-tested. Fuck this game and games like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    As it stands, this is basically an original IP with some good ideas that could go either way.
    It's a FPS that isn't made by id, Valve, or Irrational. That's means it's more likely to go in the toilet direction if we're playing the odds.