Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 245678 ... LastLast

Thread: Prey (2017)

1. Gameplay footage, along with the initial E3 trailer, looks interesting.

Perhaps this thread should be renamed Prey (2017)?

2. Looks kinda neat.

Such a fucking weird road to get to this game though. New team making a game that was basically inspired by the idea of the name from the first game and it's cancelled sequel but shares no mechanics, characters or story.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Looks kinda neat.

Such a fucking weird road to get to this game though. New team making a game that was basically inspired by the idea of the name from the first game and it's cancelled sequel but shares no mechanics, characters or story.
    The truth is much simpler: It was an unrelated game renamed Prey to keep the rights to the franchise from reverting.

4. Prey (2017)

What franchise? There is one decent game over a period of 20 years. The name has absolutely no cachet.

Nobody bought Prey the first time IIRC.

6. I rented it on GameFly. It was ok.

7. I redeemed the CD key from a beat up copy of the PC version that a friend had, so I've had it on Steam for ages.
    I've played through it at least once, and it was a pretty average shooter, but there were some cool things going on with the engine. It did portals before Portal, at the very least. The ghost walking stuff just makes it virtually impossible to die, which kills any real challenge, so I wasn't a fan of that gimmick.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    What franchise? There is one decent game over a period of 20 years. The name has absolutely no cachet.
    It isn't about cachet, it's about preventing Human Head from releasing their Prey 2. Same reason Sony keeps putting out shitty Fantastic Four movies just to keep Marvel from getting those characters back.

9. Anyone picking this up tomorrow? I don't really want to buy anything until I finish Persona 5 and Wilson's Heart, but the demo is strong, as is the pedigree. This could be something really good.

10. I'm waiting for reviews, which because of Bethesdas bullshit won't be around until after release
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.