Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 46789 LastLast

Thread: Prey (2017)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I can't remember the last time I bought a game because of a demo.
    Nioh for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Prey (2017)

This game keeps getting better and better. I just fabricated the booster jet upgrade for my suit and now I can do long/floaty jumps. Cool shit.

The retail release fixes some of the issues that plagued the demo (sound cues, melee combat hit detection). Overall the game plays much smoother.

I've focused on Repair neuromod upgrades. Haven't regretted that decision yet. Think I might put some points into Leverage next.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. Leverage is entertaining....although explosive canisters can do a lot of the heavy lifting for you (like moving heavy objects away from maintenance vents). So can recycling grenades.
    The game definitely offers a lot of room to improvise, and it greatly rewards thorough exploration. Great stuff....made even better by the fact that I'm playing via game sharing.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

4. Quote Originally Posted by Prince Planet View Post
    Leverage is entertaining....although explosive canisters can do a lot of the heavy lifting for you (like moving heavy objects away from maintenance vents). So can recycling grenades.
    The game definitely offers a lot of room to improvise, and it greatly rewards thorough exploration. Great stuff....made even better by the fact that I'm playing via game sharing.
    Buy your own shit ya cheap bastard!
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

5. Prey (2017)

This game's story is like Half-Life mixed with Total Recall. I love it so much. I hope it stays this good.

The difficulty really spikes about six hours in, once you hit Psychotronics.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

I'm doing a "No Needles" run and am terrified of the difficulty spike. It seems like the "right" way to play though, because if I were in that situation, I sure as shit wouldn't trust sticking shit into my head.

7. I feel like a no needle run will not be fun in any way.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Correct. Not fun.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'm doing a "No Needles" run and am terrified of the difficulty spike. It seems like the "right" way to play though, because if I were in that situation, I sure as shit wouldn't trust sticking shit into my head.
    You'll run out of ammo pretty quickly. Without neuromods to increase your recycling yield to synthesize more ammo, you'll be locked in a constant death/reload loop.

Not fun.

0.4% of players have done it, so I like my chances.