Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Metro: Last Light

Metro: Last Light

Quote Originally Posted by Joystiq
    Speaking this evening during an investor conference call, THQ CEO Brian Farrell confirmed that "Metro: Last Light" will be the title of the sequel to last year's gritty FPS Metro 2033.

Last month, domain registrations for "Metro2033LastLight.com," "MetroLastLight.com" and "LastLightGame.com" served as evidence of an upcoming game under some permutation of that title, but THQ had yet to offer anything official about that title -- and it wasn't clear whether that related to a sequel (which has previously been known as "Metro 2034") or some kind of spinoff.

The important thing, of course, is that it hasn't been titled "Unreleased FPS Project." In fact, this game will be the focus of a "first-class marketing campaign," THQ core games CEO Danny Bilson told us earlier this year.
    Link

This will continue my pattern of sequels motivating me to actually play the original.

2. The first one was a good, if incredibly linear game.

Hopefully the sequel addresses that issue.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. The first looked good and I almost picked it up, but it just kind of didn't happen.

Next time it goes up on steam for super cheap I'll give it a shot.

4. Metro 2033 was one that I had wanted to get around to, but fell into a timeframe when I had put over 200 hours into Fallout 3 and I just felt like it would be too similar so I skipped it. If I see it for cheap I'll probably grab it now that that time has passed, and maybe I can get in on this when it hits like I planned with the first.

5. Metro 2033 is like $10 on steam once a month, when it's not being given away free with some other THQ game. Surprised everyone on the planet doesn't have a copy by now. Good game, but not great. Worth playing for sure.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

7. After I woke up from my seizure, I watched that again and thought it looked pretty good!

8. Live action trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mON5WmA5REk

It's a lot better than I expected.

This is now up on Steam with a May 14 release date.

There's a bit of interesting (to me at least) controversy surrounding this one. It has a Ranger mode that is basically its 1999 mode, but it's either a preorder bonus or $5 as DLC. Since I haven't gotten around to the first one yet, I'll probably grab this and the DLC for 50% off or something, so I'm not too offended. But, as a general rule, would you rather see additional difficulties or content held back for DLC?