Page 17 of 595 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 5948

Thread: Official Xbox One Thread

  1. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing $30 singleplayer/campaign/arcade mode only versions of games on offer, with the extra modes (Spec Ops, multiplayer, etc) made available by paid DLC. Not everyone gives a rat's ass about MP or other extras. The "all extras on disc" version could then be sold as part of a Collector's Edition. With the $30 version you could then resell the main game disc but not the extras, and your trade-in value would be hurt (probably giving you $10 instead of $25)- but this is IMO a better solution than an outright ban on used games. Some people will just blaze through the campaign mode of a game and write the rest of it off.
    This is way too complicated for the console market to handle. Bad enough there are 6 different kinds of console SKUs floating around all the time. I don't like this at all, this is some dangerous territory we're wandering into.

  2. I hate it because I have to deal with furious people who are only getting $20 back for their $60 game when they used to get $30.
    I hate it because as the retail price for games drop the online pass doesn't go away.
    I hate it because the publishers are outright making up lies when explaining why they started it and using false logic to try to make it seem reasonable.

  3. It would be cool if you could just buy Battlefield's multiplayer game for $30 and ignore the separate $20 single player game.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I hate it because I have to deal with furious people who are only getting $20 back for their $60 game when they used to get $30.
    I hate it because as the retail price for games drop the online pass doesn't go away.
    I hate it because the publishers are outright making up lies when explaining why they started it and using false logic to try to make it seem reasonable.
    I was going to trade in rayman origins, but was only offered $7.50!! Wtf! The game still retails for $60! Why have the prices dropped so fast for trade ins lately?




    Never mind, I see amazon has dropped it to $30. Still $7.50 for a 2 month old game.
    Last edited by SamuraiMoogle; 26 Jan 2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

  5. some places are selling it for $20.

  6. #166
    I can't fault them for that one, otherwise there would be a mass of CAGs buying it from TRU and trading it in at EB, and they'd never unload them all without a loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

  7. I only buy maybe ten games per system. Fuck video games if this is the future.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    I was going to trade in rayman origins, but was only offered $7.50!! Wtf! The game still retails for $60! Why have the prices dropped so fast for trade ins lately?




    Never mind, I see amazon has dropped it to $30. Still $7.50 for a 2 month old game.
    If they gave you any more for it, they wouldn't be making over 60% profit on selling it used.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    I was going to trade in rayman origins, but was only offered $7.50!! Wtf! The game still retails for $60! Why have the prices dropped so fast for trade ins lately?

    Never mind, I see amazon has dropped it to $30. Still $7.50 for a 2 month old game.
    So sell it on Amazon.

    Why would anyone trade with Gamestop in this day and age? You know they are going to fuck you.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    So sell it on Amazon.

    Why would anyone trade with Gamestop in this day and age? You know they are going to fuck you.
    This. Exactly this.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Games.com logo