Page 18 of 597 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Xbox One Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    I was going to trade in rayman origins, but was only offered $7.50!! Wtf! The game still retails for $60! Why have the prices dropped so fast for trade ins lately?

Never mind, I see amazon has dropped it to $30. Still $7.50 for a 2 month old game.
    TRU has this here for $20. If that's the price in PR, it should be around $5 in the states, lol.

2. Honest question:

Why does any thinking person buy a brand new game just to trade it in so quickly? Why not rent the game? Even if they gave you $50 for your $60 game, which they won't, wouldn't that $10 loss still be more than the cost of renting the game from redbox or some shit?

3. people are stupid

They also like to complain about spending money whilst spending money

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    people are stupid
    You could reply to roughly 60% of all questions with this and be correct.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    For those that don't want to give IGN traffic, and have CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WON! blare from their speakers:

"Rumor has it the next-generation Xbox may limit exactly what kind of games you're allowed to play. According to sources speaking to Kotaku, the Xbox 360's successor will have some kind of anti-used-game enforcement. There's no explanation of what that means, but speculation surrounding the issue says the console could outright reject used-games altogether.

LA Noire used an online pass this generation. Would you buy an Xbox 3 if you couldn't play its sequel used?

Online passes are a recent staple in staving off used sales. Limiting what used buyers can access is a protective measure for publishers, much to the chagrin of parts of the gaming community. Chris Kohler of Wired argues that the death of used games is inevitable, and passes are the first step toward something exactly like a native anti-used game something integrated into consoles. He notes, of course, that digital is the future of buying games, but in the meantime we may be looking at "an interim period in which the disc as a delivery method is still around but...becomes more like a PC game, which are sold with one-time-use keys that grant one owner a license to play the game on his machine."

For all we know, if this is legitimate, such a theoretical link between a Gamertag and new game would simply negate the need for online pass redemption codes in every game. This alleged feature comes alongside talks that the Xbox 3 will also turn to blu-ray for its primary format.

Until Microsoft officially unveils details about its much-rumored new device, we're relying on speculation with strong rhetoric to figure out the future of gaming. Would a console permanently banning of used-games be a deal-breaker for you?"
    I have a problem with this in a way I don't for downloadable games, because games on physical media are made in limited quantities and go away at some point. If I want to get a copy of a downloadable game 5 years down the road, odds are I still can. But if I want to get a copy of an underrated console game that didn't sell that well, it's just not an option.

So yeah, I'd actually prefer some kind of download-only console to an activation-based console with physical media. It just doesn't make sense.

7. I'm honestly not sure a "no used games" policy would be a deal-breaker with me. Pretending for a moment that it's true (and I'd like to believe it isn't, but can't completely) it wouldn't matter much to my buying habits. I rarely buy used anything any more. But!

Would I want a console made with that kind of mentality? Wouldn't this mean that a specific copy would be locked to a specific console? Wouldn't it prevent any kind of borrowing? There's so many pitfalls in the idea that even with my current "95% new" buying habits I couldn't justify it. I doubt I'm the only one.

On the plus side, the implications make me believe there's no way in hell this could work, so it's just a stupid rumor.

James

8. Most of the 360 games I buy now are downloadable titles, anyway.

I wouldn't be too pissed about this since shit like Gamestop would probably be collateral damage.

When I do buy used games, it's usually SNES/Genesis shit from local mom and pop stores, not fancy Zboz games.

• What if I want to borrow a game from a friend?
    • What if I want to rent a game from Redbox?
    • What if the only way I can afford that $60 game is with trade-in credit?

I would DRASTICALLY reduce the amount of games I buy at all during the year if this came to pass (if I even partake in the next generation at all if they all go this way), and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm also sure that waiting for price drops wouldn't work either because the next step companies will take will be to keep their games at a certain price forever, like Nintendo does.

Of course, even if this happens, it might just be better for us. Then we can all just buy download-only games, which are cheaper because there's no overhead, like the PS3 games on the PSN and Xbox Games on Demand.

Oh wait...

9. I'm also somewhat unsettled by IGN's reports that this thing is going to be closer to the Wii U in spec than the next gen beast we all want it to be.

I do think there's an extent to which this system is really going to have to stay inside of $300 to do well in this economy, and even then it might be a slow build, but I really don't think Wii U graphics are going to be worth even a $99 upgrade to most people who have a 360 or PS3.