Page 20 of 597 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Xbox One Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Downloadable stuff is so much cheaper
    Maybe on STEAM.

Definitely not on PS3 and Zboz.

Their on-demand prices are laughably high (pay $60 for a game that goes for $10 on Amazon!)

I do wonder what will happen to all my XBLA and Indie games after Zboz dies. Hopefully we can transfer that stuff over to Nextbox, but I doubt it.

2. I doubt any 360 games will be playable on nextbox. Your best bet might be PS3 -> PS4 since Sony has a pretty good history of backwards compatibility (PS2 fuckup notwithstanding).

I guess as long as my 360 doesn't die, I am okay but whatever, I just play the new stuff. Since hackers already dump XBLA games anyway, so you can always play these illegitimately.

3. The problem with the 360 is that it will die sooner rather than later. This is why I like ROMs. Yeah they're illegal copies but fuck it. I can't buy the same game three or more times because the system changes and I can't play it perfectly (or at all) on the next system. Then down the road they will release it again and I'm forced to buy it. Fuck it, put it on my PC and that's all I need.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Well, the corporate machine doesn't care about stuff it has finished selling. It's an issue, but it's not an issue that anyone with power cares about.
    Yeah, that seems to be an issue facing archivists on a few fronts.
    Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Everything that's ever been released on XBLA is out there if you know where to look.
    A file that can be copied from one medium to another without error or loss is a far better archival format than an optical disc that will turn into a useless coaster after a couple of decades.
    Doubtlessly true, but A) we may see a more secure system down the line and B) This requires continual piracy of a sort that the government is investing a great deal into thwarting right now, with no intention of relaxing copyright laws or switching to a system of copyright terms and renewals in order to accommodate the preservation of media after its commercial life ends.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 31 Jan 2012 at 01:21 PM.

5. I hope at the very least the next console will give you the option of downloading every game, and not just some.
    It would also be nice to have a driveless model that's cheaper and smaller, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    Maybe on STEAM.

Definitely not on PS3 and Zboz.

Their on-demand prices are laughably high (pay $60 for a game that goes for $10 on Amazon!)

I do wonder what will happen to all my XBLA and Indie games after Zboz dies. Hopefully we can transfer that stuff over to Nextbox, but I doubt it.
    That's $10 they're giving to gamestop by being greedy, I guess.
    Don't games on demand ever have good deals?

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Doubtlessly true, but A) we may see a more secure system down the line and B) This requires continual piracy of a sort that the government is investing a great deal into thwarting right now, with no intention of relaxing copyright laws or switching to a system of copyright terms and renewals in order to accommodate the preservation of media after its commercial life ends.
    Logic analyzers and scanning electron microscopes are getting cheaper all the time, too.
    Securing a computer that's in the physical possession of someone else is an innately difficult task, and things get hacked more quickly as the tools and knowledge improve.
    I don't think any online delivery system will be piracy proof, except maybe OnLive, and they really don't need to be.
    As long as they can keep the hacked consoles off of their online service, they'll keep making money.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I doubt any 360 games will be playable on nextbox. Your best bet might be PS3 -> PS4 since Sony has a pretty good history of backwards compatibility (PS2 fuckup notwithstanding).
    I wouldn't expect this. There's a pretty low chance of PS4 using Cell again (at least as the main CPU), and I really doubt they're going to go with Nvidia for their GPU.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Steam console please.

8. I'm trying to imagine how this would be enforced if you don't have an internet connection. Unless an internet connection is required to even play anything at all.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    I'm trying to imagine how this would be enforced if you don't have an internet connection. Unless an internet connection is required to even play anything at all.
    I'm with you on this one. I'm sure it would be easy if an internet connection was required but that's leaving out a huge chunk of their current 360 owners.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

10. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post

Steam console please.
    +1