Page 31 of 597 FirstFirst ... 172729303132333545 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Xbox One Thread

1. I got a shiny nickel for whoever changes the stupid title to this thread.

2. Yeah, I don't like Xbox 1080. It would have been better with Xbox 720. And then Wii 1080 instead of Wii U.
    No gnus is good gnus.

More speculation about two SKUs, including one super-retard version

Also, it may just be called "Xbox," which, coupled with two vastly different skews is sure to confuse the living hell out of Wal Mart shoppers.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 21 Nov 2012 at 05:33 PM.

4. That sounds like a completely different product not a tard pack.

I hope it does get released, so we can hear tards rage when then get their Xbox TV and they can't figure out where to put in their Madden disc.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

6. Wacky shit that is probably lies:
    – Microsoft is the most vague out of all of them. It’s slated to be the most powerful out of all the next gen consoles about 4 to 6 times more powerful than Wii U and 2 to 3 times more powerful than Playstation Omni. The project has gone through many name iterations and will not be decided on until shortly before it’s E3 unveiling. Microsoft is also running into manufacturing issues and developers not having games done on time so instead of delaying the launch to Summer 2014, they are thinking of “soft launching” it Holiday November 2013 and then have a full blow out in the summer. All units will come with Kinect 2 built in which can track up to four people, all objects in the living room, clothing, face structure and fingers. It can also understand different voices and has its own PPU. In 2014, Microsoft will introduce the “LiveWall”, a omni-projection unit that will allow game environments to be projected nearly 360 degrees around the user. Using Kinect 2, they have two demos of one that is a battlefield RTS and one that is a kung fu game with guys attacking all around. The LiveWall can also project different images on the wall, so people can play different games on different walls. Microsoft is prepared to champion this unit as a cheaper and more effective alternative to wearing a “goofy stupid VR headset” to combat Sony’s Omniviewer while Sony is going to point out the low resolution quality and the lack of privacy. The system is going to be very expensive in the $499 range so Microsoft is planning on using a remolded X-Box Live (Possibly renamed X-Box Life) to offer a Pro (Gold) subscription two or three-year contract to sell the unit at $300 – $399. The final goal with the tech is to shrink the system on a chip down enough so it can be put into tablets, PCs and Smart TVs so that all devices are X-Box ready.

– Known first party XBox Next games: Halo Trilogy Remake, Chief Samurai by Rare, Project Gotham Racing, Kinectimals 2, Rise, Carnival Park, Fable 4
    Do we have a PS4 rumor thread? If not:
    – Sony is near the middle end part of their Project Orbis, their next generation PS4. It will not be called Playstation 4, teams have started to call the final name as Omni. Omni will reflect their new hardware and content delivery philosophy. Omni will be “very capable” of doing modern day graphics compared to a Direct X 11 level of technology like Unreal Engine 4 and Frostbite 2. Compared to Wii U, it is better, but not the biggest leap in the world according to developer friends of mine. The key is the Omniviewer, a thin, lite and slick head mounted autosteroptic display that can track the users head and presents a 360 image view with semi transparent AMOLED screens. This can turn any TV into a 3D TV, as well as add extra augmented reality information outside of the TV screen. One application from an entertainment perspective seeing movies in 2k, 4k or IMAX resolutions as their original size where you have to move your head to look at the full picture being displayed. Can also synch with the Vita. The new controllers whether it’s the Duo-Moves or the Classic DuoShock will have pulse sensors in the grips for biofeedback gameplay. Plans are a Basic Unit with 160 gigs and just the system with controller at $350-$399 and one with the Omniviewer and a pack-in game for $450-$499. Aims are for a September 2013 launch.

– Omni is also part of their philosophy with the new OmniCloud, the new version of Gaikai [Gaitai Spelling Error Fixed]. This service will not only cloud stream PS1, PS2 and select PS3 games to Playstation Certified devices but will also allow every digital and retail purchase to have access to a copy on the cloud. Basically, you buy one game, you can use it on any Plyastation device. Direct hardware Backwards Compatibility will be available by a $70 – $99 dongle that is plugged into the Omni that contains a PS3 on a chip with Cell to run games.

– Known first party games in development for Playstation Omni are: Next Gen Uncharted, Next Gen Siren, The Boydguard, Wipeout Omni, Bump In the Night, Killzone 4, Gran Turismo Prologue, Next Gen Media Molecule, Omni Fitness.

7. That all sounds terrible.
    I hope it's true.

8. I think my favorite part is:
    – Capcom is going to bring a voice command/dynamic slash version of Monster Hunter to the new X-Box.
    Then I need a live feed of Mzo playing it and yelling furiously at the screen.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Wacky shit that is probably lieso we have a PS4 rumor thread? If not:
    My bullshit detector is at 11 for this.

10. Pulse sensors in controller grips? Could happen. Maybe we'll see Dark Escape 4D at home, with redone graphics to take advantage of PS4. But the other stuff does sound like bullshit. Livewall and renaming Xbox Live to Xbox Life sound LOL-tastic.