Page 3 of 597 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Xbox One Thread

1. Yea, Tomb Raider, GUN and Tony Hawk American Wasteland. Because they were just Xbox games in higher res. King Kong was specially made for the 360.

2. I remember seeing Perfect Dark Zero for the first time and being underwhelmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

3. I'm really curious to see how the digital stuff turns out. For some reason, while I can kind of accept disc-based games not being playable from one console to another, I feel the complete opposite for digital downloads. If I can't play all of my XBLA titles on the Xbox 1080, it'll do two things to me: make me less likely to jump quickly to a new console, and FAR less likely to purchase more digitally downloaded games.

Especially with the fact that the new gaming hardware I'm far and away most excited about - the NGP - will play everything in terms of digital content from the PSP.

I also wonder how exciting the new consoles are going to be in terms of wow-factor. For me, part of what made the Xbox 360 so amazing was that it also came along with being the first console to really take advantage of HDTVs. I didn't have one at that time, so seeing Call of Duty 2 running at Best Buy was just mind blowing for me.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. XBLA games will be totally playable on the next Xbox. I'm not basing this on anything concrete, mind you. It's just that the alternative is inconceivable.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

5. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    I
    Especially with the fact that the new gaming hardware I'm far and away most excited about - the NGP - will play everything in terms of digital content from the PSP.
    I'm stoked about that too, especially since I sold my PSP. I can't wait to try Tactics Ogre.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I'm stoked about that too, especially since I sold my PSP. I can't wait to try Tactics Ogre.
    It's like I'm being rewarded for being lazy about playing my games! Play them on the NGP when it comes out, and not only will they be beautiful thanks to the new screen, but I'll have something to tide me over during that initial launch drought!
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    XBLA games will be totally playable on the next Xbox. I'm not basing this on anything concrete, mind you. It's just that the alternative is inconceivable.
    I think it is totally conceivable that none of your XBLA games transfer.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I think it is totally conceivable that none of your XBLA games transfer.
    This isn't the Project Cafe Speculation Thread. I'm pretty sure Microsoft will get it right.

9. And what possible reason do you have to make that assumption, since everything Sony Microsoft and Nintendo have done this generation went against the grain of what they should have done?

10. Microsoft tends to get online right. It seems reasonable to me that this would extend to products they sell online. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I don't think I will be wrong.