Page 553 of 597 FirstFirst ... 539549551552553554555557567 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 5968

Thread: Official Xbox One Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I'm highly skeptical that they're going to continue to play all the same games. It'll start out that way, but then there will be some big PC game that just won't run well on old hardware but they want to do a port to the new systems, and Sony and MS aren't going to say no. We'll see, I guess.

We've been used to this sort of thing for a long time with handhelds. GameBoy Color was kind of a half-gen that mostly overlapped for a while, but eventually had exclusives. We've also seen DSi and New 3DS, which have exclusives.
    I'm sure there will eventually be games that will not play on older consoles. I wouldn't be surprised if it all ends up being just like iOS where eventually, the older models won't be able to play new games, but a vast majority of the old games will work on the new models.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    New hardware coming out with new capabilities. That's basically it. Part of this is fuzzy but obviously both companies will heavily tout features not possible on old hardware.

When a new iPhone comes out, it's not considered the same generation of iPhone. It's a new one.

I think of PS Neo as being backwards compatible with PS4. PS4 is forward compatible for now, but as Frog says, that won't last.
    I guess what I am getting at is that the term console generation wont carry the same weight as it used to. The new phones do have new features that aren't available on older phones, but as long as the older phone can handle the OS update, then most of software can run on it. I agree that at some point the older models will not be supported, but the platform or the OS is going be the drive of a new generation and not so much a new console.
    Last edited by ElCapichan; 25 May 2016 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I'm highly skeptical that they're going to continue to play all the same games. It'll start out that way, but then there will be some big PC game that just won't run well on old hardware but they want to do a port to the new systems, and Sony and MS aren't going to say no. We'll see, I guess.

We've been used to this sort of thing for a long time with handhelds. GameBoy Color was kind of a half-gen that mostly overlapped for a while, but eventually had exclusives. We've also seen DSi and New 3DS, which have exclusives.
    Do you define the DSi and New 3DS as new generations?

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    New hardware coming out with new capabilities. That's basically it. Part of this is fuzzy but obviously both companies will heavily tout features not possible on old hardware.
    So the Sega CDX and Turbo Duo were a new generation? How about the 360 with built-in wifi and HDMI?

When a new iPhone comes out, it's not considered the same generation of iPhone. It's a new one.
    Sort of. This seems to me to be a 6 to 6s equivalent, which you could argue is not a new generation. Frankly I think the problem is that we're trying to describe this in antiquated terms. "Generations" may be over.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 25 May 2016 at 02:18 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Do you define the DSi and New 3DS as new generations?p
    As much or as little as I do the PS4.5.

So the Sega CDX and Turbo Duo were a new generation? How about the 360 with built-in wifi and HDMI?
    New models of old hardware are different. The DSi and New 3DS had more powerful hardware and exclusive games, it wasn't just superficial.

4. This is stupid.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Sort of. This seems to me to be a 6 to 6s equivalent, which you could argue is not a new generation. Frankly I think the problem is that we're trying to describe this in antiquated terms. "Generations" may be over.
    I can get behind this. It would probably also be pretty great if all console releases from here on out were basically the full support of the previous release alongside new tech for exclusive stuff. Which I guess is basically wishing for a non-crappy version of Steam machines run by Sony and MS.

6. From a hardware standpoint, the industry is really grossing me out right now. It's way too soon for new systems from Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo's more understandable but it still feels too soon. The arid desert that is the Wii U's line up this year isn't going to inspire long term confidence for buyers of the NX.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    So was this the worst generation of game systems ever? I feel like it didn't even get going until maybe a year ago.
    I really feel like neither of them ever hit the stride the PS2, or hell even the PS3 did, and already we're talking about refreshes of both consoles. Sony and MS can fuck off with that shit. I'm not dropping 400 bucks on hardware every 3 years, specially not when they can barely deliver a library.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. I still haven't even bought a PS4 yet. Fuck all these upgrades. I'm sticking with the stock consoles until there are enough games to warrant any kind of new hardware.

9. Has anyone played Garou Mark of the Wolves through backwards compatibility? Is it running well on Xbox One?

I saw it was on sale for $5 this week.