Page 590 of 597 FirstFirst ... 576586588589590591592594 ... LastLast
Results 5,891 to 5,900 of 5968

Thread: Official Xbox One Thread

1. Well some of that was needing to see a return on investment; razors and razor blades after all. Both the PS3 and the XB were very successful. But that very long generation convinced me to go back to PC, and now the argument for doing so is even stronger (sub 1080p, 30 FPS the norm, far fewer bad ports, almost every game being on the platform, etc)
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 08 Nov 2017 at 10:45 AM.

2. Well, we upgraded from our yellow light PS3fats and red ring 360s to the new, working, non-using-bazooka-joe-as-solder models if that counts.

I like this gen's idea of upgrades better. They're releasing optional upgrades without seein' about your launch console to which it sure would be a shame if somthin' was to happen on or around launch of the new model. Failure rates seem really great this gen.

3. Yeah but one of the issues is that 720p (or something like 864p) seems to be increasingly acceptable for the first gen models.

I will say that it is nice to have working hardware though.

4. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Failure rates seem really great this gen.
    I'll throw my anecdotal two cents in on this. Despite launch models of both systems LOOKING like garbage (razzin, frazzin shiny plastic shells), aside from a PS4 that had trouble loading discs (because someone shoved a bunch of shit in it) and a few PS4s that would eject the discs because of the rubber foot under the eject sensor expanding and "pushing" the button, I've not seen any units that wouldn't load discs or have overheating/freezing issues.

I've been meaning to ask you about that since working in a game store you have a better feel for that. I don't know of anyone that's had a failure myself, but nobody I know IRL has a current gen system but me.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    I could ask the EP. He’s in our Destiny Clan.
    You just love telling everyone that we play D2 with the EP of FH3 don't you...

I actually have been doing the same thing.

I don't how who that is but he made a damn fine game.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'll throw my anecdotal two cents in on this. Despite launch models of both systems LOOKING like garbage (razzin, frazzin shiny plastic shells), aside from a PS4 that had trouble loading discs (because someone shoved a bunch of shit in it) and a few PS4s that would eject the discs because of the rubber foot under the eject sensor expanding and "pushing" the button, I've not seen any units that wouldn't load discs or have overheating/freezing issues.
    My launch PS4 had a graphics card that went crazy about a month or so in. Sony got me a new one within a week. It sucks when it happens to you, but as long as the company takes care of you, I don't see the big deal. We all know in this day and age with all the big tech toys that come out that there is going to be a particular failure rate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    None of which you really need to buy. I have 1 3DS and 1 iPad (the original). I just feel like a brand new console generation would have happened sooner if not for incremental upgrades that don't do much (IMO). It is not the leaps that we are used to seeing.
    Is it ever going to be the leaps and bounds over previous generations like we saw back in the early days of console gaming? I could be wrong, but I really hope consoles switch over to a iPhone model for releasing consoles. I would prefer there not be "generations" where the new console brings a completely new OS, possibly no native BC, new controllers, and a splitting of the userbase.
    Last edited by ElCapichan; 08 Nov 2017 at 12:45 PM.

9. I want to know what was shoved into that broken PS4 SSJN encountered. I ask as someone who once lodged a Peter Venkman figure into a brand new VCR in an attempt to watch Ghostbusters.

That my parents never loaded me into a tee-shirt cannon and fired me into a crowd at a minor league baseball game never loses its power to astonish.

10. Lol.