Page 588 of 597 FirstFirst ... 574584586587588589590592 ... LastLast
Results 5,871 to 5,880 of 5968

Thread: Official Xbox One Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    He'd be right to do it.

That some people are going to be buying a PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbone, Xbone S, and Xbone X to play PC games is nuts.
    This is correct. If you have money for a Bone X, you have money for a GTX 1080. The few Microsoft exclusives that matter are available on Steam--not the case for Sony/Nintendo.

And I still haven't forgotten how anti-consumer their original vision was. DRM for physical media? On a console? I don't want to be disrespectful, but eat my ass. I still can't figure out the Bone's target demo.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

2. CoD and Madden crowd

3. I hope everybody holds the door for you because you seem like a fucking treat to be around, I’d hate to have to hold a grudge like that.

The people responsible for that early vision are all gone, bro. Console wars are so serious.

4. Jesus. Take the stick in your butts and go to the PC thread then.

X is rad BTW. Transferring everything went smooth and fast. Most of the games I tried do indeed run better. Assassins Creed Origins got a nice bump and doesn’t look like watered down ass now. Try out the insects demo they made. It’s
    A great show off for your 4k tv.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

5. How many non-Nintendo even half worthwhile console exclusives are there this gen? Especially if we anticipate FFXV and the Yakuza games making their way over.

1 Bloodborne
    2 Sunset Overdrive
    3 Battle Garegga
    4 Uncharted
    5 Dragon Quest XI
    6 (but maybe not for long if DQH 1 and 2 are any indication)
    7 uh..Cr-uh-...Crash Bandicoot Collection?
    8 The Wipeout anthology of all the last...gen...Wipeouts...
    9 hm..
    10 Cuphead
    11 Gravity Rush (?)
    12 uhhhh
    13 Actually you can get Cuphead on PC, nm
    14 Persona 5
    15 Jak and...was there Jak and Daxter this time?
    16 Bloodborne: The Old Hunters
    17 Unch-did I say Uncharted
    18 KoF XIV
    19 Parappa the Rapper HD

That list was at least 10x longer last gen and 100x longer the gen before that. I never fancied myself a Yoshiite, but the super long console lifespans with incremental upgrades along the way and games like Nier: Automata and MGSV appearing on PC, inconceivable a generation ago, are making a believer* out of me.

* as if I had PC or XBX money, but still.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 07 Nov 2017 at 07:42 PM.

6. Bloodborne counts for four actually
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Glad some people are coming around to Peecee.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I still can't figure out the Bone's target demo.
    It is I.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

9. Quote Originally Posted by Prince Planet View Post
    It is I.
    You sicken me.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

10. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Jesus. Take the stick in your butts and go to the PC thread then.
    So what's the acceptability threshold for commenting in the thread? Do I have to be a passionate fanboy? Is mild interest enough? I owned the last to MS consoles, and I have no interest in this one (although I'm always open to being convinced). Looking at sales, it's clear I'm not the only customer they lost this cycle. That matters. It warrants discussion.

The big selling point of the X is power. But if graphics are important to you, you probably already have a PC that you upgrade every so often. So then, what are the other draws for Microsoft's console? A lineup of grea exclusives? A history of reliable hardware?

A move to expand software offerings past the dudebro market would have been a much better business decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.