Page 593 of 597 FirstFirst ... 579589591592593594595 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,930 of 5968

Thread: Official Xbox One Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Don't buy Battlefront 2; that game is masquerading as an iOS title on consoles. The loot box grind is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Yeah, I played the “demo” from EA Access and saw first hand what type of horse shit they’re playing.

Fuck to the no.

People are blowing this shit way out of proportion. I've been playing the EA Access early trial, and the game is fun and looks incredible on the X.

2. Official Xbox One Thread

They’re not; read the article on Ars Technica to see what a confusing mess it is and how it negatively affects the experience.

Reddit’s gonna reddit but this is pretty much shit and should not be rewarded.

3. It's too bad people cried foul about the Dead Space 3 requirement to pay money for ammo, because that being total bullshit has made me not take these claims seriously.

On the other hand, this is a multiplayer thing, so I kinda totally believe it.

4. The game may be fun but pay to win loot crate mechanics are bullshit.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    They’re not; read the article on Ars Technica to see what a confusing mess it is and how it negatively affects the experience.

Reddit’s gonna reddit but this is pretty much shit and should not be rewarded.
    I understand that if the game had released with the MT's and loot boxes the way they had initially planned, there would be some reason to cry foul. They have already made changes, and continue to do so with all the snowflakes crying. I've put in a good 4-5 hours in the multiplayer, and have been gradually progressing and unlocking things. All weapons unlock through progression, and do not require any loot boxes or spending of any currency to unlock. It just seems a bit silly to not enjoy the game because of the loot box system. It's a legitimately fun game that looks incredible and nails the star wars battle feel, and I will enjoy it all without ever spending a penny on a loot box.

6. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    I understand that if the game had released with the MT's and loot boxes the way they had initially planned, there would be some reason to cry foul. They have already made changes, and continue to do so with all the snowflakes crying. I've put in a good 4-5 hours in the multiplayer, and have been gradually progressing and unlocking things. All weapons unlock through progression, and do not require any loot boxes or spending of any currency to unlock. It just seems a bit silly to not enjoy the game because of the loot box system. It's a legitimately fun game that looks incredible and nails the star wars battle feel, and I will enjoy it all without ever spending a penny on a loot box.
    They made absolutely no change to the loot box system. They only thing they did is make a slight adjustment to the cost of unlocking characters so now it will take about 10 hours of play to unlock each rather than 40 hours each if you don't decide to pay to play.

OH BOY, they're so friendly to consumers.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    They made absolutely no change to the loot box system. They only thing they did is make a slight adjustment to the cost of unlocking characters so now it will take about 10 hours of play to unlock each rather than 40 hours each if you don't decide to pay to play.

OH BOY, they're so friendly to consumers.
    So what do you unlock via the loot box system that is going to let you dominate? It's not the weapons, as those unlock through class missions. You can get abilities, but you still need to reach a certain level to use any of them that are actually good. So just by playing the game and leveling you will be able to get plenty of loot boxes and have items to use as you level up. Someone who hasn't played a match but buys a ton of loot boxes might unlock a bunch of stuff, but won't even be able to use them until they play and level up. And not everyone is going to pay for loot boxes, that don't even guarantee you are going to get what you want/need. I really wish we new the percentage of people playing and how many are paying and how often. How much is it really affecting you? Is it something if you were oblivious to you would even notice while playing, or is it just the idea that makes people so upset?

8. And not everyone is going to pay for loot boxes, that don't even guarantee you are going to get what you want/need.
    This is one thing that is problematic though. This rewards people with a lot of spending power because their chances of eventually getting what they need/what is better grows substantially.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    This is one thing that is problematic though. This rewards people with a lot of spending power because their chances of eventually getting what they need/what is better grows substantially.
    But is it really a big deal? I just feel sorry for them that they are wasting money and that I'll eventually get the same thing by jut playing and enjoying the game.

10. Actually yes, because it leads to progressively changing that threshold to something more untenable (I have to play 200 hours!??! Nah, I'll just pay X).

Granted, you can say that for anything, but I think for competitive multiplayer games, stuff like this should be limited to cosmetic purchases if anything at all.