Page 452 of 597 FirstFirst ... 438448450451452453454456466 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 5968

Thread: Official Xbox One Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    How could it work any other way?
    Standard demo.

2. I don't think anyone would pay for demos.

3. I offer gran turismo prologue and metal gear ground zeroes as evidence that they will.

4. It's also not the primary purpose of the service. Why offer it all then? Because they could say they're giving early access to subscribers while non-subscribers get access to the demo after a game has launched.

Regardless of any of that, very few games have allowed legal trial runs where saved progress carries over. It's a nice thing to have.

5. Just be careful not to take the ocarina out of your inventory while you play the demo. Your endgame will be fucked if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    if other companies follow suit.
    It's Origin all over again. The douchiest of publishers (meaning Ubisoft follows EA) will want their own SaaS subscription just like they wanted their own digital store front and horrible DRM "platform." Since Ubisoft is slightly less douchey than EA, they'd probably not lock their games up into their own exclusively, but it's still a slippery slope.

7. Alternatively, don't use it, and buy the game used at retail.

I haven't even had to do that since ME3.

9. $30/year isn't a lot of money, even if the vault are all older titles, it could be worth it. If nothing else, it will cut into used game market and Gamestop will slowly die.

GameStop is like a God damned cockroach.