Page 4 of 597 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Xbox One Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    And what possible reason do you have to make that assumption, since everything Sony Microsoft and Nintendo have done this generation went against the grain of what they should have done?
    Look, all three have done some stupid shit this generation... but let's be fair here. They've also done some really smart and forward-thinking things. We're arguing over if our XBLA games are going to go forward or not because Microsoft put in a lot of work and effort to make digitally-distributed games on home consoles a realistic option. Sony gave us a console that allows us to purchase any 2.5" hard drive and upgrade the PS3 ourselves, something unthinkable in the console world. They also went with using standard USB for plugging in controllers, and built-in controller batteries that can be charges via that connection. Nintendo... well, they did something I'm sure.

And that's only a few examples.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    This isn't the Project Cafe Speculation Thread. I'm pretty sure Microsoft will get it right.
    I am thinking along the lines that the architecture of the new system will be so different than the 360 that any software backward compatibility will require some sort of software emulation (and we know how well that goes....)

I just think it is unrealistic to think that any last gen games (retail or DLC) to be playable on the new system without some major hurdles. At least Sony has a history of doing this (PS1-> PS2/PS3 and ahem, if you are special, PS2->PS3) and to some extent, Nintendo. Xbox->360, the less said the better.

3. I'm not worried about XBLA games transferring. What I am worried about is, if they don't, Microsoft will release a statement saying that customer feedback indicates that we don't care. Another week shaved off my life.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

4. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Remember when the 360 and PS3 came out and people were all like, "The games look exactly the same as the Xbox and PS2! Why are there even new systems?"

Good times.
    Yeah. I was one of the guys saying it because they did. The first gen games looked like a simple bump in resolution.

I mean, not the PS2. But the Cube and especially the Xbox were looking damn good at the time.
    Last edited by Cheebs; 07 May 2011 at 01:33 AM.

5. And now no one would mistake a quality 360 game for an original Xbox one. The same will happen with the next generation of systems.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. Still, even now the difference between the characters in the old DOA Titball and the new Mortal Kombat is that huge aside from HD and a nice layer of spiffymapping. But yeah, at least you can tell without sqinting now.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    And now no one would mistake a quality 360 game for an original Xbox one. The same will happen with the next generation of systems.
    This is true, but it takes more than 5 years to get there now. If the new Xbox came out last year, I don't think we'd be seeing enough of a leap to get people to upgrade when they look at, say Crysis 2 or Gears 3. To get the same kind of "progress" we have to wait a lot longer now.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 07 May 2011 at 11:07 AM.

8. If Microsoft doesn't have their collective heads up their asses, they'll do everything possible to ensure Live's transition from the 360 to the 720 is as smooth as possible. I hope that would include keeping the current library in place to both keep people happy and continue raking in cash from the huge library of content they've amassed. Discarding that would be kind of retarded.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    Yeah. I was one of the guys saying it because they did. The first gen games looked like a simple bump in resolution.
    That is a vicious lie, you didn't even know what resolution was back then.

10. Kenect is MS' new platform. They aren't going to pursue a new console until maybe 2014. Sony isn't either.